Mum gets constant headaches - worried about a forthcoming stroke

Dee M

Apr 4, 2022
My mother has been suffering daily with severe headaches. I have discussed this with the GP, who visited my mum at home and gave her a thorough examination. The GP advised that because my mum's sleep patterns are interrupted, it could be the cause.
I would welcome any advice on how to take this forward. I am worried that my mum will not be able to cope with experiencing a thorough scan (as she is in the middle stage of Alzheimer's).

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Dee M I am sorry to read that you are worried about your mum. You say that you are worried about a stroke but that the doctor said that the headaches are possibly due to your mum's sleep patterns, if you are still worried about the possibility of a stroke you really do need to speak to your doctor again about your concerns.

Has the doctor suggested that your mum needs a scan, if so please discuss your concerns with the doctor. I can understand your concerns, about a year ago after consultation with the memory clinic doctor it was agreed that my husband would not have another scan.

Fugs

Feb 16, 2023
@Dee M can I ask if your Mum drinks enough water, not just tea or coffee? I suffer from migraines and severe headaches, but am now doing better by drinking a large glass of water first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Dee M

Apr 4, 2022
Dear SeaSwallow and Fugs: Thank you for your good advice. I shall take it all on board. You have put my mind at rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reaching_out_for_ help