1. mmartin88

mmartin88 New member

Sep 23, 2019
    I haven’t been able to stop crying yet. I’m so upset and so angry about what has been taken away from not only me but my children. They are 1 and 2, and I know they won’t have that relationship with nanny. I can’t call on my mum when the baby won’t stop crying or to babysit. I don’t know how I will deal with this in the years ahead, I feel so lost.

2. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Registered User

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Welcome to DTP @mmartin88 although I'm sorry that you have had to find your way here at such a young age.

I hope you will find the forum to be a supportive place where you can share your feelings and find both emotional and practical advice.

It is especially sad that your mum has been diagnosed at such a young age but she may still have many good years and , although your relationships will not perhaps be what you expected hopefully you can still find some joyful times together.

3. Pete1

Pete1 Registered User

Jul 16, 2019
    Male
    Hi @mmartin88, you reaction is totally understandable, it is so difficult to process and get to grips with for all the family - including your poor Mum I would expect. It can be a massive shock to hear it even if it is expected, and the fear of what's next?. I can concur with @Bunpoots though your Mum may have many good years ahead. The forum is here for you and can hopefully help you and the family. All the best to you.

4. Sodon321

Sodon321 New member

Sep 24, 2019
    I know exactly how you are feeling as my mother was diagnosed at 53, she is now 57. It has not been easy seeing the change in her but i have tried my upmost best to make memories and spend as much time as possible with her. My mother loves music and dancing so i often take her out alot over the summer to festivals or where ever there is music.

It is all about making memories,I try my hardest not to think too far ahead and just take each day as it comes, but i know it is hard to not let your mind wonder.

Some days are easier then others, but i have so much fulfilment when i take her out and see the joy on her face. I try and take as many pictures and videos as i can so i know i will have them forever to hold on too.

Maybe try and plan things in now, make memories and get your kids involved as much as you can, it will be things you can look back on and show them pictures of when they are older.

My thoughts are with you and your family, i really do understand how hard it is x

5. Hoots

Hoots New member

Apr 20, 2019
    My mum was diagnosed this year at 55. I’ve got a 5 year old, 2 year old and a baby on the way. I totally get it. I used to be so reliant on my Mum and now I can’t be as she has already deteriorated:( we expected her memory loss over the past couple years (it didn’t seem extreme enough for this!!!) to be grief/depression after loosing my Dad. My mum used to babysit my kids all the time. Shes still so good with them but everything’s changed now and it was so so tough. I took 6 months off work just to try and get my head around it all. Xxx

6. Abbey82

Abbey82 Registered User

Jun 12, 2018
    Just offering out another hand to say you're not on your own. My Dad was diagnosed last year at 59 and my parents moved in with us so we could share the care. Unfortunately his Alz/FTD has progressed incredibly rapidly and we are now forced to look for a residential nursing home. However we have had good times in these last 20 months and we never give up hope or trying to find small positives in everything we do