1. patsy12

patsy12 Registered User

Oct 21, 2015
    Hi everyone, first time post on here. I lost my mum from this horrible disease 19 days ago. Only being diagnosed around 6 months ago just happened so quick. Finding it so hard to accept. xxxx

2. fizzie

fizzie Registered User

Jul 20, 2011
    Patsy I am so sorry and very sad for you. I was thinking this morning how much i missed my Mum and she died last Christmas - i think it is a lifetime of loss but we do recover and move on and there is so much comfort on here, everyone is so very kind. Thinking of you today and in the days that follow xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. patsy12

patsy12 Registered User

Oct 21, 2015
    thank u very much xxxx

4. beverrino

beverrino Registered User

Jan 12, 2015
    oh Patsy, so sorry to hear this - and so quickly. I wish you strength and send you hugs. Take care xx

5. sleepless

sleepless Registered User

Feb 19, 2010
    Female
    The Sweet North
    I am so sorry, Patsy. It is always difficult to lose someone to dementia, but your Mum went so quickly after her diagnosis, that must make it harder to accept.
    Wishing you comfort in your loss, and the strength to cope with your bereavement.

6. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    Oh sweetie, you must feel so raw inside. That's very quick from diagnosis to bereavement. Do you have a family yourself, or are you on your own? You'll find lots of lovely people on TP to talk to. xxxxxx

7. patsy12

patsy12 Registered User

Oct 21, 2015
    yes I am lucky to have a close supporting family. My dad, My sister, brother myself and all my mums grandchildren was with mum constantly in her last days. she went into a coma 4 days before she died. It just feels like a bad dream at the moment but know I need to talk about it, just feel a constant sick feeling all the time. Just want her back so much, feel totally robbed. x

8. Patricia Alice

Patricia Alice Registered User

Mar 2, 2015
    So very sorry for your loss, Patsy. Sending you a hug. We are always here if you need to chat.

9. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    So sorry for your loss, Patsy. Feeling robbed is such a good way to describe it. Death is a natural part of life. It's normal. Everyone goes through it. But it just feels so terribly not fair! And not natural or normal. Because our loved one was just right here. And there's their photograph! So, how can it be that they are gone? It feels almost ridiculous.
    (Or is it just me that feels like that?:eek:)

I'm so glad you have a close, supportive family. You all need each other at this time. xx