Mike's suffering is over

Canadian Joanne

Dear Chris,
I'm so sorry to hear about Mike. As you say, at last he is free but although that must be a great relief to you, your grief and pain are still there. Take care of yourself.

Loopiloo

Dear Chris

I am so sad and sorry to read about Mike's death. I have read many of your posts and like others you have been mourning his gradual loss through the years. I am glad that it is a comfort to you to find solace in knowing that he is free of this dreadful disease. But the final loss is so difficult, I wish you strength in the time ahead.

Remember that TP is always here for you where many who have faced this final loss can sympathise and empathise.

My condolences to you, and your daughter.

Loo xxx

together

Chris, So sorry to hear of your loss. Just to say thoughts are with you and don't forget TP is still here for you if you need it any time. Katherine x

Saffie

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You must be so sad. Eventually, in your memories, he will go back to being the husband you used to have and the later years will fade into the background.
Lots of sympathy and love X

cragmaid

You have my sincere sympathy, seven years has been a long time to face the trauma the dementia can bring and although you may have started the grieving process some time ago, it will take time before you can look forward and backwards without pain. Take care, I am thinking of you, Maureen.x.

muriel.elliott

I know exactly how you are feeling right now. I lost my Bryan only 2 months ago to this horrible desease.It is going to take a long time but TP are here for you whenever you need them.
Love and hugs Muriel xx:confused:

Groundnut

Dear Chris,
Have been offline for a while and saw your news. I am so sorry for your loss. I am thinking of you and send you a huge hug. I wish you courage and strength to see you through.
xxxx

tessadragon

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband Michael, and my hope that you can always be comforted by the good years you have spent together,
Helen

FifiMo

058.jpg

Fiona
x

Greensleeves

Thank you all so much for your very kind thoughts and wishes. Now that the hurry and rush of the funeral and the descending relations has abated, I do at last have time to just think about what has happened. And what I want to say might give some comfort to the loved ones of other sufferers. Because, amazingly, now that Mike is freed from his suffering and confusion, I can once more see the man I fell in love with. It is strange, but over the last seven years I had lost that loving, kind man, as he became replaced with a shambling, bad-tempered stranger. But within days of his death, once more I could see my Mike, the man I loved, so clearly in my mind's eye and it really did reinforce my feelings of relief that his sufferings are over. I will miss him forever and ever, but I have spent the past seven years mourning his loss and I don't think a single day has gone by without tears. But oh, now he is gone, I will never again have to see that poor face contorted in anger and pain. I can look back to those happy years, those smiling years, before the awfulness took hold and robbed him of his personality, of his skills, of all the wonderful things that made him special. I would like to share this song with you: it was the one I chose to have played at his funeral. It sums up how I feel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCdlX-5UjE

Kindest regards,
Chris

sueorbell

Mike is free at last, free at last.

My condolences to you, be kind to yourself as you rebuild your own life.