1. goodnightsienna

goodnightsienna Registered User

What is it?? I'm embarking on a ten week philosophy course and love came up. In my
    twenties,searching for conquests on leave in my naval uniform,in the Empress Ballroom no less.The love I was looking for- from my standpoint today in my 87th year seems very superficial.

Today,sitting with my wife Margaret-an emaciated figure I am feeding-trying to get her to eat. She turned and her eyes were full of love.The look in her eyes stayed with me-I could feel the warmth permeating my whole being.
    I'ts taken me a long time!

2. Christin

Christin Registered User

Jun 29, 2009
    Somerset
    That's wonderful. Such a special moment. x

3. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Thats really beautiful

4. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

I like that verse "Many waters cannot Quench love."

5. Margaret W

Margaret W Registered User

Apr 28, 2007
    North Derbyshire
    Treasure that moment and count yourself lucky - some people never experience it.

Love (of a different kind)

Margaret

6. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    `Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds,`

William Shakespeare

7. Jancis

Jancis Registered User

Jun 30, 2010
    Hampshire
    87 years is nothing in the passage of time where the universe is concerned. Many think they have found love and then been disillusioned - not once but twice and more in their lifetimes. Your philosophy course seems to be good so far and I'm so pleased for you.
    xxx

8. Padraig

Padraig Registered User

Dec 10, 2009
    Hereford
    Love is a word to loosely describe many things to many people. Like; might be a more appropriate word. For example: material items or image, I love that car, dress, coat, ice cream or a pint of beer.
    With the passing of time you realise that you may have been sold a superficial package of love.

To be lucky enough 'to fall in love' you experience a life change. In love is a state of being, where your life is secondary to your spouse's and children.
    That is just my uneducated logical interpretation of my experience of love.