"Love"

goodnightsienna

Mar 5, 2011
Milnrow, near Rochdale
What is it?? I'm embarking on a ten week philosophy course and love came up. In my
twenties,searching for conquests on leave in my naval uniform,in the Empress Ballroom no less.The love I was looking for- from my standpoint today in my 87th year seems very superficial.

Today,sitting with my wife Margaret-an emaciated figure I am feeding-trying to get her to eat. She turned and her eyes were full of love.The look in her eyes stayed with me-I could feel the warmth permeating my whole being.
I'ts taken me a long time!

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
87 years is nothing in the passage of time where the universe is concerned. Many think they have found love and then been disillusioned - not once but twice and more in their lifetimes. Your philosophy course seems to be good so far and I'm so pleased for you.
xxx

Padraig

Dec 10, 2009
Hereford
Love is a word to loosely describe many things to many people. Like; might be a more appropriate word. For example: material items or image, I love that car, dress, coat, ice cream or a pint of beer.
With the passing of time you realise that you may have been sold a superficial package of love.

To be lucky enough 'to fall in love' you experience a life change. In love is a state of being, where your life is secondary to your spouse's and children.
That is just my uneducated logical interpretation of my experience of love.