Looking back

Faith

Jun 18, 2006
It has been a while since I posted on this site. Sadly my dear mum passed away 3 years ago. I miss her and think about all the things I miss doing with her. Today I thought about my dad and the way he coped when things were so sad and distressing for him.

It was their 50th Wedding Anniversary and we were at my sisters to celebrate. Mum and dad were in the dinning room alone and I overheard my mum say to my dad.

"I think I've lost my memory."

To which dad replied,

" Never mind, I'll help you look for it."

We all miss her dearly.

Recently my daughter was in an emotional mess and she said she went to bed at night and really prayed like she hadn't for a long time. She drifted off to sleep and told me her nan had rocked her all night telling her things would be ok. She was the gran we all remember young and alive not the one we saw in the end.

I just neede to write this .........and wish all on this site love and peace.

x

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
thank you for posting that, my mum is still living with AD but we feel we have lost her, and I know I was saying to dad only this afternoon that it is hard to remember her how she was, I hope it comes back to us like it has for you.

Pippa

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Mum and dad were in the dinning room alone and I overheard my mum say to my dad.

"I think I've lost my memory."

To which dad replied,

" Never mind, I'll help you look for it."

I'll remember this quote & hope that I can be as loving & compassionate in talking to my Mum as your Dad obviously was with your Mum.

Your parents were very special people.

Thank you for sharing your special memories with us Faith.

Mo
x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thinking of you when I read your post Faith. I hope it brought comfort to you, I really believe your daughter was being comforted by her nan rocking her in her arms.

Will say a prayer for you & your daughter tonight. x