Listing 3 positives for the day!

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
1.....my back has been so much better since my new pc/tv chair and xmas massage cushion on the sofa...I cant tell you how good it is to wake up and not be in pain...please let it last

2.....dogs cyst totally healed and hair grown back over..its on her side so hard to get dressings to stick!
"
3...still remember being advised on xmas turkey thread to "pick your fights with sons" and I am finding I am prepared a bit more and decide how I WON'T act in a potentially fraught situation..eg his weights and bench which when occasionally not put away, gets my goat as they say...I am zipping it ..and find we are getting on day to day in good spirits mostly

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thought I would resurrect this thread I love reading peoples positives,

1) Allen is happy,

2) The sun is shining,

3) I got the bedroom curtains washed, dried, ironed and put back up,

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
1 I still have half a job, which is better than none
2 Mum still enjoys her regular hugs
3 I have a saint of a husband, my daughter, 3 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren to make my life complete

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Well done Jeany, it's good to feel positive.

:) i went to the hairdresser this morning and my hair looks good.

:) just brought dog from the vet and he seems to be all clear of his allergies (continuing with expensive meds, so thank goodness for insurance!)

:) i have decided on my new flooring or my lounge, dining room and hall.

X

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Good idea Jeany.

:) Bill is back to his old self today

:) We had a great time at the Scottish Opera Workshop

:) I got antibiotics for my sinuses and I think they're working already!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Brilliant!! Wonderful thread.

1) I got sunburnt today - I have "white bits" but only small ones :eek: :D :D

2) grapes here - all of them are delicious - in stamped and totally stamped :D

3) still got 4 days of holiday in the sun to relish :D :D

I would upload photos but its taking ages. Control yourselves..... You will just have to wait until I get back :D

x

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Glad you are having a good time 2jays you can show me your brown bits but I'd rather give the white bits a miss!!!;):D:D:D:D

my 3 positives

1. I was able to see my lovely GP before she left

2. She encouraged me to become a dementia champion!

3. I went to the optician and chose some frames

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
1) dogs cyst has come back and burst but I caught it and have an alginate dressing in place and her eyes say as I look at it dont pull my fur!!!!

2) I have more or less sorted me pension and various changes which kick in this week....

3) have a couple of new sleeveless maxi dresses and leather flipflops ready for the sun..where is it?????

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I love the maxi dresses in the shops. They remind me of the maxis I wore in the 60s or was it the 70s. I'd love one.

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
Brilliant!! Wonderful thread.

1) I got sunburnt today - I have "white bits" but only small ones :eek: :D :D

2) grapes here - all of them are delicious - in stamped and totally stamped :D

3) still got 4 days of holiday in the sun to relish :D :D

I would upload photos but its taking ages. Control yourselves..... You will just have to wait until I get back :D

x

Ditto 2jays except my white bits are large :eek:!!!

In Spain and home on Sunday....where are you?
Luv
Polly x

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
:) I can hear my daughter singing in the front room and it lifts my heart.

:) Visited my dad today while mam was at her day centre and we had a lovely chat all about our shared passion - gardening, and dad told me how to take a cutting from my Photinia Red Robin, and I can't wait to try it!

:D I have just eaten a Crunchie, yum yum!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
:) Bill has been out with the carer all day and is still out! I'm presuming that apart from his visit to the dentist he is having fun!

:) I bought myself a new pair of prescription sun specs in Specsaver this morning. I'm hoping we'll see some sun in Italy but the forecast just now isn't looking too good.

:) I went to the spa where I'm a member and had a sauna and a swim.

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
:) I'd forgotten this thread and am glad to see it back, it will make me focus on good things!

:) I woke up to the howling gales in the night and worried about things at work, but sorted them all out when I got there!

:) I've been good food-wise today and even avoided my son's chocolate birthday cake.

PS I love the new maxi dresses too, I used to make them for myself in the 70's. Think I'll have to buy one too!

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Allen has been to day centre and said he had a good time,

Eldest daughter is back from Spain and phoned to tell me all about her holiday, I will see her tomorrow i have missed her,

Sorted some things out for a charity bag I must remember to put it out on Friday,

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
:cool: Roger was good today - he was trying to join in the conversations

:cool: i cut the grass this morning, and the garden looks better.

:cool: i have tried hard with sensible eating this week.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
1. went for coffee to a lady in next village and she didnt mention how fat i am:)

2.Cooked Chicken Keong Wow for tea and everyone enjoyed it;)

3. laughed out loud reading the little girl in the radiator :D

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
Went to the farm where I volunteer and had a cuddle with the new baby guinea pigs (aah:))

Picked loads of fresh herbs from the garden to go in the lunch time salad

Seeing the expression on my cats face when all the robins keep shouting at her. Think they must have a nest, but the noise while I was weeding was quite deafening.

And another - a dear friend has invited us to stay for the weekend soon, I am so looking forward to seeing her.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
:) When I picked Bill up from the day centre we got in the car and I said 'home James'. Bill finished it off by saying '...and don't spare the horses!' I was really surprised he remembered the saying.

:) I had a swim and a sauna today and did half an hour hula hooping!

:) The lady at the day centre said Bill had been really good today.