Listing 3 positives for the day!

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you Izzy, Allen is not good at learning new things he forgets straight away but if I prompt him every time like BE suggested it might be ok

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thank you Izzy, Allen is not good at learning new things he forgets straight away but if I prompt him every time like BE suggested it might be ok

Bill can retain very very little now Jeany. I repeat the instructions and show him over and over. It's worth it as he quite enjoys it and motly beats me anyway!

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Dear Jeany,
Our goal is to have fun with the Wii games. Our paralysed friend is often too tired to join it, and Mum just doesn't get it. The real fun is the sense of teasing, laughter, supporting each other to get the best shot or score we can. This way, even if Mum doesn't bowl or golf, she laughs and feels free to comment and ask what is going on.
Aim to keep Allen in the room, watching and enjoying family banter.
Love BE

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Much to be grateful for

I can't go to bed tonight without expressing gratitude:

1) Mum is emerging happily and chattily from her Big Funk.
2) Hubby and I dined tonight on smoked salmon with endive and walnut salad, followed up by a blueberry pie made by me.
3) I had a 'lots of time for me' day.
4) No more ice, snow and temperatures due to rise up to plus 10.
5) This forum which makes me feel connected at all times. Whatever happens.
6) Children visited my brother for the first time since aneurysm and he recognised them!

Immensely grateful for this and more. BE

AnneD

Dec 3, 2012
Derbyshire
had to smile when I came across this post.

It was first posted on my birthday - which happened to be the day I had to put mum in CH.

On Friday when I read it I had had a particularly bad day (both at work and with Mum), but I still managed to find 3 things to be pleased about:

1) I know Mum is safe and being cared for - I couldn't have got to see her because of the snow!

2) Had absolutely delicious cake at coffee time at work for someone's birthday.

3) OH brought me a bunch of flowers!

AnneD:)

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Looking after grandson today

my new android tablet came it's fantastic I love it,

shared fish and chips I bought off the mobile van with grandson mmmm

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
My 3 positives for today are:

1. My sister's meeting went well

2. I feel very well

3. I feel positively thankful for all that TP has done for me. I truly believe it is because of TP that I have the courage and strength to tackle some of the things I do.

Love to you all

Lisa74

May 27, 2011
1. I am pleased that Granny said yesterday that she had a nice day when I was looking after her (we looked at old photos for hours and had a laugh)

2. My mum was off work today so we went for a walk in the sunshine

3. Breakfast for dinner :)

Oh and one for luck: twice today Granny didn't tell me to go to hell or try to hit me when I asked her to wash her hands

Last edited:

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
my three for today are

1. The leftover runny cheese sauce from last night meant I was able to make a quick meal:)

2. Rita66 put on the forum about the meeting tomorrow for familial dementia support which meant I was able to ring my friend and he is now going to go and was very grateful

3. today has been a bit quieter at home its been calmer and no drama!

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Daughter and grandson came for lunch I made a rice quiche

Getting used to my android tablet and put kindle on so i have all my books on there now

Son had been talking to a old school friend of Allens and Allen was pleased to hear that he was asking after him, he has talked of nothing else since,

Last edited:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
My three

Sarah made quick meal with runny cheese sauce :)

I can now upload photos from my iPhone :D

Having fun choosing what NOT to wear at Birmingham meeting and wondering if I should :eek: :D

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's nice about Allen's friend Jeany.

Here are mine:

:)Rugby - Scotland beat Italy 34-10 :D

:) I got my dining room and conservatory completely cleared up this morning

:) I have everything organised in the new kitchen now - just need the blinds and the flooring - the week after next before I get these

Did I mention that Scotland beat Italy 34-10????:D:D

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
My 3 positives for today are:

1. Woke up feeling great

2. Met friend for chat and coffee

3. Met Martin for chat and lunch

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
My 3 positives are

1. I have decided to ask a guy in the church to teach me how to play the drums

2. Justin met up with Rita at the meeting in London

3. I went to bed for a rest this afternoon and had what my uncle called a zizzzzzzzzzzz!

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Wow Sarah I like your positives,Going to learn to Play the drums I am impressed :)

This is the tablet I got I am so impressed ,as I have a iphone I find it very similar and easy to use ,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006M07X34/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

I would have loved a ipad but couldn't justify paying so much as I have a laptop as well, son said for the money this is the next best thing and even he was pleased with it , the only thing is it is not as big as I thought as the whole thing is 7 inches so the screen is a bit smaller,

Jeany xx

Last edited: