lewy body

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
Oh wnt to see the neurologist today who said he got essential tremors and not Parkinson's - he remarked my husband dont Look Has he got LBD - made me smile how do a person with LBD look like- WILD HAIR DO ?

Chocco

Aug 9, 2021
Oh wnt to see the neurologist today who said he got essential tremors and not Parkinson's - he remarked my husband dont Look Has he got LBD - made me smile how do a person with LBD look like- WILD HAIR DO ?
Hmmmm, thats a strange one @mikeb2 -
my OH has got LBD and looks pretty normal!!
And when we are in the company of other peoole, he is able to 'act' normal too.
What a weird thing for the neurologist to say!

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
My husband also has LBD and there is nothing about his LOOKS that says LBD. I just do not understand that comment from the neurologist.
It’s how the person behaves, the REM dreams, the hallucinations, short term memory, the tremors etc among other things that indicate possible LBD.
No wonder Mike is tired of attending appointments.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I wonder if it was a colloquialism and the neurologist said "looks" but really meant `'seems"

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I wonder if he meant by the look of the tests, not the look of the person. The word look can be used in funny ways. A blind person will use the word even when they cannot physically see. .

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
I think GrannyG and Lawson58 are right and that the Dr meant after considering the symptoms it looks like he’s got LBD.
My FIL has LBD, I was with him at the appointment when he was diagnosed and it was based on a number of symptoms the Dr saw and from asking us questions.

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
the neurologist looked at notes ask OH to look at his finger .out stretch arms and fingers, asked about symptoms hallucinations-he asked OH if they spoke to OH, NO he reply, he suffers terribly with speech, word findings, confusion, he gets very tired, distant, all the classic symptoms- its his speech /word finding thats confusing them- other days my OH seems OK buts hes not .just less so - - His consultant stated May have a rare dementia not sure, , the hospital consultant really did not know - he answered may or may not have the rare dementia maybe chronic pain/sleep because my husband never had good sleeping for years -part of his DNA ,,, .was told don't have to see him anymore because the wont tell him any more. OH been left to his current consultant now to determine what type he has. OH stated he thinking about going to his consultant and saying NO MORE- if he gets worse so be it - if he gets better so be it- he really not that concerned and I can cope- we have spoke together and agreed , if he does starts to get bad then a residential home he will go , before in his worse stage- so we all planned

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
The is perhaps our last email on here and like to thank you all for your help-

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksacytotec