Large print books/magazines

mllecfox

Mar 19, 2012
Newcastle
Hello,

I am looking to find some large print reading material for my granddad. I don't think he would cope with a novel any more but he is very interested in Cornwall and the North East of England. He also used to play golf and still reads the newspaper everyday. Does anybody know where I can find reading material for him in large print? I've not had much luck online.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Fed Up

Aug 4, 2012
but they are hard to find at our local library, but it may be just ------- Council. I bought my mum a
from the library hold it over the page flat and bingo!!! Cost £2.00

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
but they are hard to find at our local library, but it may be just ------- Council. I bought my mum a
from the library hold it over the page flat and bingo!!! Cost £2.00
we have a good selection at ours and they can order one from another library in this area,

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
I love reading (I admit my favourites are crime and mystery novels) and for many years my reading has been limited by my bad eyesight. I swear that over the years I had read every large print book in the library. And this was not helped by the recent cut backs in the library service.

Just over a year ago my sons bought me a Kindle - my first reaction was I didn’t like it. You can’t beat the feel of a good book in your hand, and not like with a real book; you can’t pass it on to a friend - but, I am now completely hooked!

I am able to adjust the print size on kindle books to my own liking and now the ’book world’ is my oyster.

We older people often criticise modern technology, but if you are like me, limited in your reading choice by the need for large print books, then get a Kindle and adjust the print size to your own liking
jimbo 111

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
I love reading (I admit my favourites are crime and mystery novels) and for many years my reading has been limited by my bad eyesight. I swear that over the years I had read every large print book in the library. And this was not helped by the recent cut backs in the library service.

Just over a year ago my sons bought me a Kindle - my first reaction was I didn’t like it. You can’t beat the feel of a good book in your hand, and not like with a real book; you can’t pass it on to a friend - but, I am now completely hooked!

I am able to adjust the print size on kindle books to my own liking and now the ’book world’ is my oyster.

We older people often criticise modern technology, but if you are like me, limited in your reading choice by the need for large print books, then get a Kindle and adjust the print size to your own liking
jimbo 111

Must say that much as I love 'real' books, I have downloaded masses of the 0p amazon classics on the Kindle OH got as a retirement present!

As regards Large Print, I would echo advice about trying the library first. Mine has plenty of LP and they're v expensive to buy new, though you may find them on one of the 2nd book websites such as abebooks.