1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Lack of Alzheimer Drugs Petition with 10 Downing Street

Discussion in 'Dementia-related news and campaigns' started by capybara, Jan 14, 2007.

1. capybara

capybara Registered User

Jan 10, 2007
    :) I must Thank everyone who has signed the petition , currently standing at 107 signatures and position number 24 on page 1 of health matters.

The petition only started on the 10th of January so not bad for 4 days, I am hoping with your support to get into the top 10 and would ask you if you have'nt all ready done so to ask your friends,family and work collegues to do the same (if they agree of course). Link below:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/alzheimerdrugs/

Thank you all again

Regards Mark (Capybara):D

2. English Lady

English Lady Registered User

Jan 14, 2007
    Essex
    Done! And circulated around my Armchair Activists group!

3. English Lady

English Lady Registered User

Jan 14, 2007
    Essex
    English taxpayer loses out again

Do people realise that these drugs are available north of the border - funded by the English taxpayer. As are free student grants, prescriptions and other forms of care, elderly and otherwise.

All the more reason for the English to have their own Parliament. Stuff what Gordon Brown says. He would, wouldn't he?

And no I'm not anti-Scottish, just anti- this government.

4. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Yes, the drugs are available -- for now. But do you think the Scots don't pay taxes?

Oh yes? No free student grants, no free prescription (except under the same guidelines as in England).

We have free personal care for the over 65s only, still pay for everything else.

Perhaps Gordon Brown can see, as can most people, that the United Kingdom works best when it is united!

No? What propaganda have you been reading?

5. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    I just wanted to say I totally agree with Hazel about this - the grass is never greener, even if it seems that way.

Jennifer