Just wanted to talk...

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
Thank you for your post!
Yes , It's a hard job, and it's hard sometime to find the straights and energy ....on a bad day....But then you feel you can carry on - it's love! It's Life : holding Mum's hand when trying to calm her down, singing her favourite song, wishing her goodnight.....doing everything you can to reduce her pain.
You are right - I find that I look forward to going to work....even for a half of a day.
Enjoy your dinner! Speak later.
Thanks for your post you’ve made me feel loads better, we do the same handholding, singing.
My Mum has vascular too, but not as far down the line as your dear Mum.
I so hate how it scares Mum when she believes ‘people’ are coming to get her. It really is evil to everyone.
Are you able to get out at the weekend at all or got plans to go anywhere? x

uk23150

Sep 5, 2014
Thanks for your post you’ve made me feel loads better, we do the same handholding, singing.
My Mum has vascular too, but not as far down the line as your dear Mum.
I so hate how it scares Mum when she believes ‘people’ are coming to get her. It really is evil to everyone.
Are you able to get out at the weekend at all or got plans to go anywhere? x
Good evening! Nice to hear from you! Aaa...it's so touching. Unfortunately my Mum doesn't speak anymore - almost a year - she stopped walking to talking more or less the same time - in Junuary....But Mum never had any fears before....but then halusitations came....and the only way Mum can express herself is shouting load....bless, which could be scary some time, just don't want her to suffer. We are normally stay indoor at weekends - no need to rush to get Mum ready for the ambulance etc.....quite relaxing really - particular on the Mum's good day :)))
We are not making any plans to go anywhere neither - we nearly lost Mum during her last Respite break in March - had ugently to catch the earliest flight from Malta - and straight to the Hospital ( had been told she had a few days to live....) - but, everything is in the God's hands and Mum is still with us!
I would love to meet up if you can and if it's not far for you as well :)))
Have a lovely evening !
Thank you!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennyDav