July 2024 - exercise

Tom767

Dec 29, 2023
Hello all

My mum was diagnosed last week with Alzheimer’s. Her speech isn’t great , and memory isn’t either - but she is at present still independent . The new drugs that we all have been informed on - I spoke to NICE who have informed me in July this year - they will publish if one of the two new drugs ( reduce cells by 40% ) will be sold and used in the UK . All we have to be positive about this and whilst I understand that some are not going to be eligible - this in its form could treat this issue really well . This is along with the early stage blood tests … combine and we have some daylight . They are learning more and more . Just quickly - my mum walks her dog everyday - but I’ve told her to increase walks to x3 times and the last a bit quicker - well she did this and on that very evening her speech was the best I’ve heard for months . Dr peter Attia has a book that is well worth a read .

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Tom767 it's good to hear that your mum is keeping active, some daily exercise is always a good thing if able to do so.