Jelly sweets

Jake's Nan

Aug 12, 2021
Hi, brother with alzheimers often complains of dry mouth we obviously encourage him to try drinking bit more and now heating on all day he's definitely drying out more. He never eats sweets saying not good for the teeth, any experience of the advertised jelly sweets, quite expensive admittedly but good reviews or anything similar? Thanks

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
and now heating on all day he's definitely drying out more
You can increase humidity by putting containers of water around the house or drying pieces of damp cloth.
Don't overdo it, watch out for condensation on windows and outside walls with little or no movement eg behind tied back open curtains.

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
Hi, brother with alzheimers often complains of dry mouth we obviously encourage him to try drinking bit more and now heating on all day he's definitely drying out more. He never eats sweets saying not good for the teeth, any experience of the advertised jelly sweets, quite expensive admittedly but good reviews or anything similar? Thanks
I got some of those JellyDrop sweets which they say are 95% water. Probably a good idea and are very easy to take, being soft, but the taste is a bit bland and they are expensive. My wife won,t eat the because of the taste ( she will eat Rowntree Pastles so that gives some idea). Hope that helps.

yoy

Jun 19, 2022
Try looking into sugar free sweets to see if he will accept those as being better for his teeth? There will probably be a few around for diabetics etc.

Jake's Nan

Aug 12, 2021
You can increase humidity by putting containers of water around the house or drying pieces of damp cloth.
Don't overdo it, watch out for condensation on windows and outside walls with little or no movement eg behind tied back open curtains.
Thank you, good advice.

Jake's Nan

Aug 12, 2021
Try looking into sugar free sweets to see if he will accept those as being better for his teeth? There will probably be a few around for diabetics etc.
Thank you will be checking out the shops tomorrow.

Jake's Nan

Aug 12, 2021
I got some of those JellyDrop sweets which they say are 95% water. Probably a good idea and are very easy to take, being soft, but the taste is a bit bland and they are expensive. My wife won,t eat the because of the taste ( she will eat Rowntree Pastles so that gives some idea). Hope that helps.
Thank you, love fruit pastilles they might even do sugar free or similar he might accept.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
There also lots of different products available at the pharmacy that can help with dry mouth. There are drops, sprays and gels. My husband takes a medication that has dry mouth as a side effect so no amount of water helps, He has half a dozen different sorts and they help but don’t completely solve the problem.

You can also get sugar less chewing gum and that helps stimulate the saliva glands.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I bought a box of these and my LO’s initial reaction was not liking the feel of them, but now I have to limit them as she will devour a whole pot while watching TV! A brilliant way to get her hydrated but could gets a bit expensive if allowed free rein to have them whenever wanted.

TessB

Nov 14, 2023
Would he eat jelly or similar dessert?