Is there a forum catered for caregivers working in nursing homes?

Discussion in 'Researchers, students and professionals' started by bsim, Jan 12, 2016.

1. bsim

bsim Registered User

Jan 4, 2016
    Hi all, I've been blessed with the friendship of a few caregiving staff in nursing homes and talk to them frequently. Recently they asked if there was a forum for caregivers working in nursing homes to discuss their struggles and methods. Was wondering if this site or others would cater to their needs and if you do know of any, kindly share them. Much appreciated.

2. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Welcome to TP :)

We do have care workers & activities co orinadators post here.

3. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    Maybe the moderators could set up a new heading for professional caregivers? As someone whose loved one is now in a care home I think being able to read what anonymous professional carers wish relatives would/wouldn't do would be helpful.

Any tips and insight that can be shared between those with the dementia, those caring for loved ones and those who are professional carers must be a good idea.

4. Spiro

Spiro Registered User

Mar 11, 2012
  5. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    There is a forum for carers
    http://www.carersuk.org/forum
    but it does not have specific sub forum for professional carers. The administrators may add one on request.

6. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    This thread has been highlighted for the attention of the Administrators.

7. Mark_W

Mark_W Administrator
    Staff Member

Sep 28, 2015
    London
    Hi we've been looking around backstage for some forums to recommend and unfortunately there's not much we can find that are specifically for professional carers.

On Talking Point we're happy for professionals to join the conversations that we're already having here, but it's not intended for conversations where professional carers are talking to each other and discussing issues specific to them.

If anyone's aware of any communities for professional carers out there please drop them into this thread.

Thanks

8. bsim

bsim Registered User

Jan 4, 2016
    Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback and comments. I would never have thought that this would reach the site's administrator. I do think there would be value in having a place for professional caregivers to discuss but I'm sure there are considerations that need to be taken into account when setting up such a site. Keep up the good work you are doing, all of you, because I believe it really benefits everyone going through this journey together.

9. bsim

bsim Registered User

Jan 4, 2016
    Forum for professional caregivers in nursing homes

Hi all, i'm interested to know if there are professional caregivers on this site that have used a forum to discuss their struggles at work and off duty. Would love to be able to connect with you.

Regards,
    Ben