Is there a forum catered for caregivers working in nursing homes?

bsim

Jan 4, 2016
Hi all, I've been blessed with the friendship of a few caregiving staff in nursing homes and talk to them frequently. Recently they asked if there was a forum for caregivers working in nursing homes to discuss their struggles and methods. Was wondering if this site or others would cater to their needs and if you do know of any, kindly share them. Much appreciated.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Maybe the moderators could set up a new heading for professional caregivers? As someone whose loved one is now in a care home I think being able to read what anonymous professional carers wish relatives would/wouldn't do would be helpful.

Any tips and insight that can be shared between those with the dementia, those caring for loved ones and those who are professional carers must be a good idea.

Mark_W

Sep 28, 2015
London
Hi we've been looking around backstage for some forums to recommend and unfortunately there's not much we can find that are specifically for professional carers.

On Talking Point we're happy for professionals to join the conversations that we're already having here, but it's not intended for conversations where professional carers are talking to each other and discussing issues specific to them.

If anyone's aware of any communities for professional carers out there please drop them into this thread.

Thanks

bsim

Jan 4, 2016
Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback and comments. I would never have thought that this would reach the site's administrator. I do think there would be value in having a place for professional caregivers to discuss but I'm sure there are considerations that need to be taken into account when setting up such a site. Keep up the good work you are doing, all of you, because I believe it really benefits everyone going through this journey together.

bsim

Jan 4, 2016
Forum for professional caregivers in nursing homes

Hi all, i'm interested to know if there are professional caregivers on this site that have used a forum to discuss their struggles at work and off duty. Would love to be able to connect with you.

Regards,
Ben