Is call overreect i think

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
It must be very frustrating @MatthewB

I’ve just had a quick look on Google and there are “all terrain walkers” available for off road walking. They have larger wheels and thicker tyres than the standard ones so should be able to roll over roots and rough ground.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I completely understand your frustration @MatthewB

Mum and I love the countryside And woods. In the end I bought her an all terrain wheelchair. It has mountain bike wheels and can manage the woods.

You can get ones that are pushed by your family or electric ones that you drive yourself.

I know using one may feel difficult for your independence - but if it gets you outside and into the places you enjoy it may bring you pleasure.

Attachments

• A055C71D-F5AD-47CC-888D-627E8E3591E4.jpeg
    A055C71D-F5AD-47CC-888D-627E8E3591E4.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 97
  • ABD64096-66A7-40D7-B99D-2B4496C1D404.png
    ABD64096-66A7-40D7-B99D-2B4496C1D404.png
    401 KB · Views: 98

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Im look them over not so suer will worlk on or big hills lots of limstoney rocks ot get down that criek bank but i got a good stick. They just keep on say no woods no time sept somone else go to with me im not a litle kid been go them woods hunt trap long ways befoer they was born soon as im walk agin im go down there when all is sleepig then can they now i can do it like proof my land runs aginst the natoinal forest can go for miles then

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Im walk some 900 miles to oZarks from ohio in 1983 year i can wakl like sombody busness is less then 1 mile to fedreal land from my door past the spring then can they now i can do it wish i coud walk right now maybe hurt less later on

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
My yuongest just say has go back to doc appiont this day nother xrays i can ask him to tell my Lisa let me go wakl them woods is execise maybe she aint mad at me she fels bad to make me lay arond

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Well done @MatthewB - that walk sounds amazing! Like you I love to walk in the countryside - it’s so relaxing,

I do hope ur pain gets better soon.

Is there anyone in the family who also enjoys walking and you can go together? Rather than feeling like they are ‘looking after you’ - could you make it enjoyable family time? Perhaps plan some traps you want to put down, or take some food to enjoy together?? Maybe you can teach some of the younger family members your skills being outside? I bet you have a lot you can teach them with your experience!

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Well done @MatthewB - that walk sounds amazing! Like you I love to walk in the countryside - it’s so relaxing,

I do hope ur pain gets better soon.

Is there anyone in the family who also enjoys walking and you can go together? Rather than feeling like they are ‘looking after you’ - could you make it enjoyable family time? Perhaps plan some traps you want to put down, or take some food to enjoy together?? Maybe you can teach some of the younger family members your skills being outside? I bet you have a lot you can teach them with your experience!
Im be so love them go with me. My lisa cant go in rouhg parts like me but is trials the city poeple go to up on the montain. Is so good ideea maybe she can see im good on that iwill ask her she gets back form the store. Ymy yuong boy can drive us thank you is nise ideea she had go get milk

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
My name is Rachel, Matthew. Sdmhred were some random letters I choose before I knew I could trust people here.

I’m glad to be friends with you here. It’s so interesting to hear about your life in the US.

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
My name is Rachel, Matthew. Sdmhred were some random letters I choose before I knew I could trust people here.

I’m glad to be friends with you here. It’s so interesting to hear about your life in the US.
Im did not even now you are a lady mak me suprise! Is strange can be talk plum cross the wolrd! God bless and thank you for be so freindly i get nervus somtime and scare to say to my poeple so they think I am weak you guys tak the time means alot

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Im sure no-one will think you are weak @MatthewB
Just because you have difficulty doing something, it doesnt make you weak
xx
Hi i remeber that bird name thank you
I just to mean like whiney to them cause they want me stayin out of the woods to fall down some more you are rihgt and nise about weak
Good poeple here

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
or something like this?

you wont be ble to carry much with broken limbs
My 93 year old Mam uses one of these. She doesn’t have dementia but does have mobility problems. She loves it. She even uses it with a chopping board to prepare veggies as she cannot stand foe long periods, and will use it to bring her meal to the table or if she’s watching tv use it as a tray table. It has made such a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfly