Interim Order

Misslovely

Mar 22, 2021
Hi all. My Mother has an interim order on her accounts until the final papers for deputyship are issued from the Court of Protection.

Me and another family member can withdraw £250 a week from my Mother’s account. We do this for shopping, repairs, cleaners etc.

I had to find a roofer for my Mother’s property quickly as she had a leak in her room and bathroom. A roofer who couldn’t do the job recommended someone else.

I asked the roofer if he could provide me with an invoice with his company logo on it as I keep invoices as a record of what I’ve withdrawn from the account. He said that would be fine.

The roofer did the job and charged me £100 which I thought was reasonable. However, it turns out he doesn’t have a computer and the invoice just has his name printed on it and he has handwritten the details. I am not sure he even has his own company. Should I still go ahead and claim back the money or could this be queried?

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hi all. My Mother has an interim order on her accounts until the final papers for deputyship are issued from the Court of Protection.

Me and another family member can withdraw £250 a week from my Mother’s account. We do this for shopping, repairs, cleaners etc.

I had to find a roofer for my Mother’s property quickly as she had a leak in her room and bathroom. A roofer who couldn’t do the job recommended someone else.

I asked the roofer if he could provide me with an invoice with his company logo on it as I keep invoices as a record of what I’ve withdrawn from the account. He said that would be fine.

The roofer did the job and charged me £100 which I thought was reasonable. However, it turns out he doesn’t have a computer and the invoice just has his name printed on it and he has handwritten the details. I am not sure he even has his own company. Should I still go ahead and claim back the money or could this be queried?
I would go ahead and claim. The main thing is that the heading of the invoice is printed.

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potholepicker