In need of a virtual hug

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Sounds like you had a fabulous day with all your family . Glad to hear Ruby is coming on well . Take care Jenny . Xx
Hope everyone is doing okay and that you all had a good weekend . I've been off on a long weekend , so mum and I have been out and about . The weather has been rubbish but it hasn't stopped us . Take care everyone . Xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi all! Ruby & her mum & dad are fine (if shattered) We had a lovely day today. Mum joined us, our daughters, their husbands and our grandchildren for a fab family day. Four generations together!
Hope you and your loved ones are well xxx

Nice to hear from you Jenny, sounds like a lovely day together. :) All the best, Rob.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Sounds like you had a fabulous day with all your family . Glad to hear Ruby is coming on well . Take care Jenny . Xx
Hope everyone is doing okay and that you all had a good weekend . I've been off on a long weekend , so mum and I have been out and about . The weather has been rubbish but it hasn't stopped us . Take care everyone . Xx

You don't need good weather to find tea and scones Lou. :D Glad you and you an your mum are doing ok.

Been watching an excellent BBC 2 Scotland programme on landscape photography in the Highlands with Colin Prior. Wish I had the time and patience for the shots he takes.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Brilliant rob !!! fingers crossed c will settle ,I understand that you are a little apprehensive, I used to be the same too when dad went off to respite .....hopefully it will go smoothly for you and you end up wondering why you were so worried !!! x

How are you doin Gill? Hope you've had a pleasant Easter weekend.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
How are you doin Gill? Hope you've had a pleasant Easter weekend.

Hello all. Hope that all is OK.....how is c doing rob,is she now over her uti ?....how are you doing with sorting out the day care....any developments yet ?.....have you been able to get out over Easter , here's hoping that you are still remaining focused and positive x
Lou, I was pleased to read that the bad weather had not kept you in and you were able to enjoy your long weekend xx
Jenny, it sounds like you had a day to remember with the family pleased to hear little ruby is doing well
I'm OK although a bit down this week,its comming up to dads birthday ( Friday ) his first one without him...so I suppose I'm bound to be feeling a little low...but otherwise I'm OK,still waiting for my scan results...but I'm not in any hurry for them has I'm not going to have anymore spinal surgery tho
Well my friends I'm going to go now,there's a glass of wine with my name on it !!!!....take care all, speak soon xxxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Gill, sorry you are a little low this week. Not sure what to say that would help, but will be thinking of you tomorrow. Raise a glass to your dad and the good times if it helps.

Got Christel to her new social club as I was going to call it. WE only stayed for the morning session of good humoured exercises, a wee game of hangman and not forgetting tea and toast. The staff are very good. One old fellow is struggling to keep his voice down sometimes but they know how to discreetly take him out and give him a book to read for 5 minutes without keeping him away all morning. That was a positive sign I thought. Will drop Christel off all day next week on her own hopeful she will enjoy it.

All the best to you.

Best wishes to Lou, Jenny, Ruby Alice and everyone else.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Gill, sorry you are a little low this week. Not sure what to say that would help, but will be thinking of you tomorrow. Raise a glass to your dad and the good times if it helps.

Got Christel to her new social club as I was going to call it. WE only stayed for the morning session of good humoured exercises, a wee game of hangman and not forgetting tea and toast. The staff are very good. One old fellow is struggling to keep his voice down sometimes but they know how to discreetly take him out and give him a book to read for 5 minutes without keeping him away all morning. That was a positive sign I thought. Will drop Christel off all day next week on her own hopeful she will enjoy it.

All the best to you.

Best wishes to Lou, Jenny, Ruby Alice and everyone else.

Hi rob, thank you.... just knowing my friends will be thinking of me will be a great comfort xx
Very pleased to hear that c has had her induction to her new " social club " ( I like that rob ) I really hope that next weeks full day will be a success !!! and you can begin to get some much needed respite.... I know its only one day a week for now but after having no respite at all you will feel the benefit... take yourself off to the pub for lunch !!! if I lived nearer I would join you for a wee drink ...take care rob and please let us know how the full day goes next week...xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi everyone . I'm sorry to hear your feeling down Gill . I know exactly how you feel . My own dad's birthday is the 26 th of this month so I'm always sad and a bit withdrawn and he died a long time ago , so it's still so raw for you . I will certainly be thinking of you tomorrow and if heaven has a pub , I hope my dad buys him a pint ;-). I hope your not in too much pain with your back . Look after yourself gill . Lou xxx
Hi rob , I'm soooo pleased things went ok with C at the social club . I call my mum's day centre her club . Think she prefers that . Wow , a whole day off you will get next week . I hope it's a great day for both of you . I know when I get any free time I love it . Best wishes to you and C . X
Best wishes also to Jenny and everyone else who pops onto this thread , you are all so very welcome to join us . Lou x

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi everyone . I'm sorry to hear your feeling down Gill . I know exactly how you feel . My own dad's birthday is the 26 th of this month so I'm always sad and a bit withdrawn and he died a long time ago , so it's still so raw for you . I will certainly be thinking of you tomorrow and if heaven has a pub , I hope my dad buys him a pint ;-). I hope your not in too much pain with your back . Look after yourself gill . Lou xxx
Hi rob , I'm soooo pleased things went ok with C at the social club . I call my mum's day centre her club . Think she prefers that . Wow , a whole day off you will get next week . I hope it's a great day for both of you . I know when I get any free time I love it . Best wishes to you and C . X
Best wishes also to Jenny and everyone else who pops onto this thread , you are all so very welcome to join us . Lou x

Hi Lou,...I will be thinking of you on the 26th,so our dads shared the same month for birthdays xx and yes if heaven has a pub I hope that they will have a pint together...hope that things are running smoothly at work for you....speak soon,take care my friend xxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Gill , I'm just popping on to say I was thinking of you today and hope your not too sad thinking of your dad . Think happy memories , as I'm sure there were plenty . Take care my friend . Sending you a big hug and a virtual very large glass of wine . Xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Just joining Lou in checking how are doing Gill, hope you can take anther virtual glass of wine and a hug.
Look after yourself my friend.

Lou, I noticed your dad's birthday would have been same day as C's daughter. Sending you a virtual hug too.

All the best to you.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi Gill , I'm just popping on to say I was thinking of you today and hope your not too sad thinking of your dad . Think happy memories , as I'm sure there were plenty . Take care my friend . Sending you a big hug and a virtual very large glass of wine . Xxx

Thank you so much my friend ,today has been OK, I went to the cemetery and then took myself and little chaos over the fields for a quiet moment but found myself smiling about our conversion last night about our dads having a pint together in heaven....so thank you for that too xx and also for the hug and very large glass of wine....which I am enjoying now !!
Thanks again my friend, take care xxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Sounds like a good , contemplating day , with a wee smile thrown in . I'm sure your dad would approve . Take care Gill . Xxx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Hi all! Been a bit distracted. Mum has a chest infection (thanks to her brilliant carer we nipped it in the bud! No symptoms on Tuesday. Full blown chest infection on Wednesday)
Ruby & Mummy are doing really well! Ruby is three weeks old tomorrow!

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Jenny , I'm sorry to hear your mum isn't too well . I hope she feels better soon . That's good that Ruby and her mummy are doing well , i bet you that you feel Ruby has been part of your life for much longer than 3 weeks ! I'm sure she brings you so much deserved joy . Take care Jenny . Xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi all! Been a bit distracted. Mum has a chest infection (thanks to her brilliant carer we nipped it in the bud! No symptoms on Tuesday. Full blown chest infection on Wednesday)
Ruby & Mummy are doing really well! Ruby is three weeks old tomorrow!

Sorry your mum is not well Jenny. Well done to the carer for nipping it in the bud.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Just joining Lou in checking how are doing Gill, hope you can take anther virtual glass of wine and a hug.
Look after yourself my friend.

Lou, I noticed your dad's birthday would have been same day as C's daughter. Sending you a virtual hug too.

All the best to you.

Hi rob,...sorry I've only just found your post.....thank you my friend.....think I will take another virtual glass of wine later...hope all is OK with you and c...speak soon xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi rob,...sorry I've only just found your post.....thank you my friend.....think I will take another virtual glass of wine later...hope all is OK with you and c...speak soon xx

Hi Lou and rob, hope all is OK with you and yours. ...I've just popped on to let you know that the rheumatology dept have called today with my scan results....the stenosis is unchanged but I have more disc problems in my neck above and below where I had the disc removed..the one above is pinching a nerve....so being referred to consultant neurosurgeon also physio ...speak soon....hope all goes well for you and c on Thursday rob...please let us know how the full day goes xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi Lou and rob, hope all is OK with you and yours. ...I've just popped on to let you know that the rheumatology dept have called today with my scan results....the stenosis is unchanged but I have more disc problems in my neck above and below where I had the disc removed..the one above is pinching a nerve....so being referred to consultant neurosurgeon also physio ...speak soon....hope all goes well for you and c on Thursday rob...please let us know how the full day goes xxx

Evening Gill, sorry your scan did not yield better results. Have you tried a chiropractor, worked for releasing trapped nerves in my back, or is it too bad for that? Hope you can see physio and the neurosurgeon soon to get some help.

We are doing ok, thanks. Not much going on, will let you know what happens on Thursday. All the best, Rob