In need of a virtual hug

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thank you rob, I think we all help each other out when it's needed, don't think I will be going anywhere yet !!
Will look forward to hearing if c goes to her lunch club this week,speak soon xx

Not sure if C will go to lunch club, she is a bit tired after Monday's lunch out and I don't feel 100%. Council Social Services put her on the long waiting list for day care as she is safe where she is, so we will need the lunch club as our only outlet and half day respite. Look after yersel Gill.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Not sure if C will go to lunch club, she is a bit tired after Monday's lunch out and I don't feel 100%. Council Social Services put her on the long waiting list for day care as she is safe where she is, so we will need the lunch club as our only outlet and half day respite. Look after yersel Gill.

I'm sorry that you are not feeling 100% and that c is tired if she is up to going perhaps you could stay at home and rest,that's a pity about the day care....couldn't you argue that it is more for your needs ...I won't go on rob because your not feeling well perhaps we can chat about this when you are feeling better,look after yourself too rob and try to rest as much as you are able xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening Gill, how are you doing?

Forced myself to go to Counselling today, but C has a UTI so she stayed in and waited for the Doctor. It's amazing how you can find the energy if you need to, but you know that already.
Counsellor was very helpful, reminded me I can use carers assessment to ask for respite for myself. Can also get £300 grant from there which could pay for 5 weeks day care if that is possible. C's son is selling the house we used to rent a room in, so may ask him for a contribution of non assessed day care. Just have to be focussed and to ask the right way.
No more rambling, but getting a picture of a few options. Whether they turn out to be practical is another story. Thanks for the suggestion and the offer to chat. Al the best, Rob :)

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent

Forced myself to go to Counselling today, but C has a UTI so she stayed in and waited for the Doctor. It's amazing how you can find the energy if you need to, but you know that already.
Counsellor was very helpful, reminded me I can use carers assessment to ask for respite for myself. Can also get £300 grant from there which could pay for 5 weeks day care if that is possible. C's son is selling the house we used to rent a room in, so may ask him for a contribution of non assessed day care. Just have to be focussed and to ask the right way.
No more rambling, but getting a picture of a few options. Whether they turn out to be practical is another story. Thanks for the suggestion and the offer to chat. Al the best, Rob :)

Rob,Im pleased that you went to counseling you sound more positive.... Yes respite is meant for you rather than the person you care for....I would try to push social services for a weekend or week when you are feeling up to it.....we initially had a good social worker and could see the strain we were under and she moved mountains to get us the maximum respite
weeks allowed which I think was 12 weeks a year...we had to pay a small portion,and please forgive me if I'm wrong but I think you are older than I therefore need respite.....and yes if it were me I would ask c,s son for a contribution... Its the least he can do....sorry if you think I'm being a bit abrupt but you do need some kind of support
And now to c ...I do hope her uti clears up quickly, has the doctor prescribed antibiotics ?
Thank you for letting us know about today rob,we are here if you want to chat about your options or just come on for a ramble....stay positive rob xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent

Pleased that you went to counseling today rob as you sound more positive....and yes respite is for you rather than the person you care for.....you push for everything you are entitled to....you need support ...have you been appointed a social worker yet,if so I would push her/him for a longer period of respite,I know they say c is in a safe place but the idea of respite is for you and if it were me I would ask c,s son for some help....sorry if I'm sounding bossy rob but I want you to get maximum help
And now to c...I do hope that her uti clears up quickly has the doctor prescribed antibiotics ?
We are here if you want to chat about your options rob or if you just want a ramble !!! take care and stay positive rob xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Evening friends . How are you doing ?
Have you got any test results back Gill? I hope you are feeling better . You are so right about the support we give each other on this thread . I always look forward to hearing how everyone is getting on . I know perhaps you may move on and I wouldn't blame you , having been so affected by dementia with your dad, but I know I would miss you very much . Xx
Hello rob , I'm sorry you and C haven't been too well . Are you both feeling any better? It would have been so good if C could go regularly to day care . My mum goes 3 1/2 days a week and I really don't know what I would do without it . She's been going for 23 years , after her stroke and now the centre has been developed to include dementia , which allows her to be looked after by the people she has known for many years . They are absolutely wonderful . It used to be free but we now pay, but it's a small price to pay for her being looked after so well . I do hope C's son does the decent thing and contribute to his mum's care , which in turn will give you some much needed respite . Fingers crossed rob . Hope you and C feel better soon.
Hi Jenny , are we calling you Grandma yet ? Do you have a preferred title ? I do hope your daughter is doing ok and the baby is healthy , when he/she arrives . Please let us know when you can .
Everything not too bad with my mum and I . My mum has a wee bit of a cough and is a bit restless tonight but I'm hoping it doesn't come to anything . We went out for our usual run in the car with a coffee and cake . My brother joined us , so that was nice . My sister is looking after my mum for a few hours tomorrow so I can go out for a while , which is good . Looking forward to it .
Keep well everyone . Lou xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Evening friends . How are you doing ?
Have you got any test results back Gill? I hope you are feeling better . You are so right about the support we give each other on this thread . I always look forward to hearing how everyone is getting on . I know perhaps you may move on and I wouldn't blame you , having been so affected by dementia with your dad, but I know I would miss you very much . Xx
Hello rob , I'm sorry you and C haven't been too well . Are you both feeling any better? It would have been so good if C could go regularly to day care . My mum goes 3 1/2 days a week and I really don't know what I would do without it . She's been going for 23 years , after her stroke and now the centre has been developed to include dementia , which allows her to be looked after by the people she has known for many years . They are absolutely wonderful . It used to be free but we now pay, but it's a small price to pay for her being looked after so well . I do hope C's son does the decent thing and contribute to his mum's care , which in turn will give you some much needed respite . Fingers crossed rob . Hope you and C feel better soon.
Hi Jenny , are we calling you Grandma yet ? Do you have a preferred title ? I do hope your daughter is doing ok and the baby is healthy , when he/she arrives . Please let us know when you can .
Everything not too bad with my mum and I . My mum has a wee bit of a cough and is a bit restless tonight but I'm hoping it doesn't come to anything . We went out for our usual run in the car with a coffee and cake . My brother joined us , so that was nice . My sister is looking after my mum for a few hours tomorrow so I can go out for a while , which is good . Looking forward to it .
Keep well everyone . Lou xxx

Good evening Lou, its good to hear from you,how is your mum today,is her cough any better ? hope that she wasn't too restless last night for you....it was nice for you that your brother joined you on your usual outing....I hope that you have enjoyed the few hours to yourself today my friend xx
I'm not too bad,thank you Lou, no results back yet...I think that they will go to the rheumatology dept so will have to wait for them to send for me.....and as for moving on I'm just not ready....I would miss you and rob too much....so it looks like you are stuck with me ...ha ha !! joking aside I'm still so raw about dad it still feels like dementia is still a part of my life....if you understand what I'm trying to say
Well that's enough rambling from me....look after yourself Lou xx
Rob,....I'm just saying " hello" I hope that you and c are OK and are you managing to take some rest.... please let us know how things are when you are able xx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Hi all,

Ruby Alice arrived safely this afternoon, after mummy was induced Thursday lunchtime! A tough time for her!
This is Ruby at three hours old!!

Attachments

• 20170402_182030.jpg
    20170402_182030.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 335

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
AW... jenny....she's lovely !!! CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA !!!
Pleased that after such a long labour both are doing OK xxx

Thanks! The induction started Thursday lunchtime so was much longer than the active phase! My poor girlie and her husband are totally exhausted but SO happy (as are we!)

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Oh my goodness Jenny , she is absolutely beautiful . You must be sooooooo proud of your daughter bringing this little angel into the world . Congratulations to all the family and thank you for sending us a photo . Lou xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Evening Gill , well I for one am glad that your not leaving us . As you said , once you are touched in some way with this disease it's so very hard to forget . You have got such invaluable knowledge which you pass on to everyone , in your kind and understanding way . I really appreciate your friendship . Take care of yourself my friend . Xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Evening Gill , well I for one am glad that your not leaving us . As you said , once you are touched in some way with this disease it's so very hard to forget . You have got such invaluable knowledge which you pass on to everyone , in your kind and understanding way . I really appreciate your friendship . Take care of yourself my friend . Xx

Oh Lou....I'm so touched by your kind words, I too am so pleased to have you as my friend.... night night xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi all,

Ruby Alice arrived safely this afternoon, after mummy was induced Thursday lunchtime! A tough time for her!
This is Ruby at three hours old!!

Congratulations Jenny. :)

Spring flowers for a spring baby.

Attachments

• spring flowers for a sprng baby.jpg
    spring flowers for a sprng baby.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 288

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Morning Lou, Morning Gill.

Thank you for your concern. We are still a bit under the weather, had to have Dr out yesterday to prescribe different antiBs, so another INR blood test :eek::eek:. I'm not really sleeping well due to other internal problems, apart from that it's all fine :D.
Will speak to Dr on Friday about Dementia Navigators and hopefully get something from carers assessment and from C's son when we are all felling a bit stronger.

Nice to read about your day trip Lou, your brother coming out sounds lie a bonus.

How are you Gill? Let us know when your scan results come through.

All the best everyone. Rob :)

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
What a lovely picture Rob , you really do have a gift for taking beautiful pictures . Have just shown it to my mum who said it was lovely . Hope you and C feel better soon . Lou x

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Morning Lou, Morning Gill.

Thank you for your concern. We are still a bit under the weather, had to have Dr out yesterday to prescribe different antiBs, so another INR blood test :eek::eek:. I'm not really sleeping well due to other internal problems, apart from that it's all fine :D.
Will speak to Dr on Friday about Dementia Navigators and hopefully get something from carers assessment and from C's son when we are all felling a bit stronger.

Nice to read about your day trip Lou, your brother coming out sounds lie a bonus.

How are you Gill? Let us know when your scan results come through.

All the best everyone. Rob :)

Hi rob,hope that you both will be feeling better soon...and hope the new antibiotics will clear up c,s uti.....hope that whatever it is that is keeping you awake will be resolved soon
let's hope that you get some kind of help once you have spoken to the doctor and the dementia navigator's.... Please keep us posted about any developments or just come on and have a ramble......by the way....love the spring flowers !!!
Will let you know when my scan results are back..
Don't forget rob .....if you just want a chat please post we will be reading and ready to reply....look after yourself x

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi rob,hope that you both will be feeling better soon...and hope the new antibiotics will clear up c,s uti.....hope that whatever it is that is keeping you awake will be resolved soon
let's hope that you get some kind of help once you have spoken to the doctor and the dementia navigator's.... Please keep us posted about any developments or just come on and have a ramble......by the way....love the spring flowers !!!
Will let you know when my scan results are back..
Don't forget rob .....if you just want a chat please post we will be reading and ready to reply....look after yourself x

Thanks Gill, glad you and Lou like the flowers. I am a wee bit more focused again today, though C has a bit to go before she will be recovering0. Have posted a wider appeal for advice on Dementia Navigators and day care centres elsewhere, and will see one of the local navigators team on Wednesday at local dementia carers group hopefully.

Will definitely keep in touch the next few days, and wish you good luck with the scan results.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Thanks Gill, glad you and Lou like the flowers. I am a wee bit more focused again today, though C has a bit to go before she will be recovering0. Have posted a wider appeal for advice on Dementia Navigators and day care centres elsewhere, and will see one of the local navigators team on Wednesday at local dementia carers group hopefully.

Will definitely keep in touch the next few days, and wish you good luck with the scan results.

You sound positive today rob....you explore evey channel that you can to get you a bit of respite.... And yes please keep us posted.... and please let us know how c is doing .. hope that she will soon be over her uti
Will let you and Lou know when I have my results ....but its not that important...., your respite is the main concern ...speak soon x