In hospital and critical

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
I am so glad to hear that your wife is much better, I was so hoping the Dr's diagnosis would be wrong.

kd7279

Jan 13, 2010
Thanet, Kent
I think that the doctors give you the worst case scenrio, it can only get better then.
As to a rest, stepson is flying home from Australia tomorrow to see Dorothy naturally, so I suppose I am going to have to board him for 3 weeks.
Got to stock up cupboards this morning as I have let things get low lately for some reason!

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Keith, it will be hard to beat yesterday's visit and your wife's wonderful words to you but I hope today is a good visit.

turbo

kd7279

Jan 13, 2010
Thanet, Kent
Hospital says that Dorothy had a comfortable night.
Just collected Dorothy's son who has flown into our local airport from Sydney, thankyou KLM for starting this service.
As soon as he is showered and changed we will go and see her. I'm sure this is going to really buck her up.
Posted my letter to the CH listing the sequence of events and what, in my opinion, caused them. Copied her Care Manager and CQC. It should start hitting the fan soon!

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Good for you, Keith.
I continue to hold you and Dorothy in my thoughts. Miracles do happen.
Glad son is there for her - that counts a whole lot too! xx BE

kd7279

Jan 13, 2010
Thanet, Kent
Wow, when she saw and heard her son, her eyes opened, she smiled and spoke to him.
She has hardly stopped talking/mumbling all day. Even tapped her feet in time to some music we played.
Said she was hungry (she hasn't eaten since Saturday!) and the nurse is going to try her on ice cream or yoghurt tonight.
What a happy day.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
lovely to hear things are turning around!

We had been told a couple of years ago that mum was dying when she was admitted to hospital with dehyrdation. She looked extremely unwell but once they set up a drip she was much better. She's still going strong and celebrated her birthday yesterday.

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Wow, when she saw and heard her son, her eyes opened, she smiled and spoke to him.
She has hardly stopped talking/mumbling all day. Even tapped her feet in time to some music we played.
Said she was hungry (she hasn't eaten since Saturday!) and the nurse is going to try her on ice cream or yoghurt tonight.
What a happy day.

What a difference a day makes!
We are all so used to descent and drama and trauma, it is such a pleasure for all of us when things go UPHILL. Good for you, all of you. Enjoy and I hope the ice-cream goes down a treat.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you for the update Keith. It is a day in which to rejoice at this news.

Love

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
That's wonderful news, love really is a wonderful healer, isn't it? So glad she has family with her, and even more glad that she's rallying. Go Dorothy!!

Stephanie, xxx

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Its great to hear that Dorothy is responding well to treatment
it must be such arelief for you and her son

I hope the fat REALLYhits fire with that awful non caring, care home

Last edited: