In hospital and critical

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
We (the family) left the hospital last night after all saying our final goodbyes.
Phoned the ward this morning at 6 to be told that she is responding well, opened her eyes and even had a short conversation during the night.
What a fighter she is.
Thankyou all for your thoughts and prayers, keep them coming for Dorothy.
Keith

I am thinking of Dorothy and you, asking for Divine Intervention, and you know well why she is fighting: because of what you and she have = a marriage of hearts, minds and souls. May all be well. Miracles can and do happen, so am working on one for your lovely wife! Hugs BE

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Keith, i have only just found your thread, but am both shocked and saddened that the Caring Community can allow this to happen. How can they not have noticed she was ill? It beggars belief.

It is good to read that she is a little stronger today, and I truly hope she continues to improve.

You must have so many feelings running through your head, but remember you have done your best for Dorothy at all times. Thank goodness for the NHS that is there to rescue patients from such poor treatment.

Sending you my best wishes and an encouraging hug for both you and Dorothy.

Jan

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
Appalling - then wonderful. I hope so much that Dorothy pulls through this - she's clearly a fighter - and that she and you get the care and compassion that is so deserved.

KatieB

Nov 22, 2010
Glasgow
Hello Keith, I am so sorry to read about your wife. It's so sad that very often we are let down by those we trust. I hope your wife improves and that her future care is greatly improved. I am sending you my warmest regards. Katie xxx

Pheath

Dec 31, 2009
UK
Really heartened to hear this after yesterday’s awful fright when things sounded so pessimistic. Rooting for Dorothy all the way, sounds like she’s getting the very best treatment possible and hope she rallies further today. Px

kd7279

Jan 13, 2010
Thanet, Kent
Well, I went in to the hospital bright and early, she opened her eyes, smiled and said "I do love you". Boy, how I cried. Her fingers and feet were a nice pink colour (last night they were dark blue) and her urine look like pure Scotch, as opposed to Newcastle Brown the night before.
The consultant said that the urine production was a good sign, her blood count was still high but slowly coming down. She isn't out of the woods yet, but getting there slowly.
Dorothy's Care Manager phoned me and wants full details of the incident prior to her being hospitilised and wants to take this further, she has already contacted her manager. She said that I don't suppose you want her to go back to that home!!! Too true.

I'm not a religious man, but thankyou for all your prayers, they gave me strength.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I hope the improvement continues. I am glad someone in authority is taking the case further. You have enough to do without having to fight another battle, but I am sure your input will be invaluable.

I hope you find a beautiful home for your wife.

Jeannette

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Oh, so very glad to hear Dorothy is on the mend, you'll have a good nights sleep tonight.

Also glad to hear her care manager is on the ball and going to help you and hopefully that will help prevent it from happening to others.

littlegem

Nov 11, 2010
north Wales
Keith that is wonderful news.
I'll keep saying a prayer for you both and I hope you find a lovely caring home for your Dorothy.
Take care and God bless.
xxx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Keith, so glad to hear your wife is improving and hope it continues. You must be absolutely exhausted with the worry and I hope this means you will get a more restful night and that they find a better home for your wife when she is fit to be discharged.

Take care

Celia

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Excellent news indeed. It's great that you've been able to keep us all informed.

I'm also glad that it looks as though you're not going to be challenging this care home alone.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Keith-so glad that Dorothy's improvement continues.Please try to get some sleep and rest tonight.It won't do if you collapse with exhaustion.Well done on being such a dedicated carer/husband-you're the best.

Take care Lyn T

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Keith,

How wonderful that Dorothy is responding to treatment and proper care. You and your family have experienced a roller coaster of emotions these past few days and I do hope you manage to get some proper rest knowing that Dorothy is in the best of hands at the moment.

Love

Rosie Webros

May 8, 2013
Oh Keith that's brilliant news. I am so glad things are a little better. Start looking after yourself a little bit now, you deserve a little rest. I will keep thinking of you. Take care Rosie xx