I need support

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Jimbo, one can go off people!! You just had to be the one to blow Tinker Face's cover, didn't you. It was all smooth sailing until ... the lid was lifted. :D

OK, you've got me bang to rights, fair cop, Guv, Your Honour, Your Worship!

The thought of Tinker Face singing at the Council meeting - and you, Jimbo, in your thigh-high boots dancing to TF's tune ............... :eek:

Tina, I told you there's a film in all of this Save Our Care Homes Campaign of yours. It just gets better day by day.

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
JPGeee.
Jimbo in thigh high boots as well as me?Hmmm.
John.

Well, it was worth a try!! You never know when a duet is called for!

So now we have Helen Mirren in two roles! Twins = Jimbo & Beechy John.

The cast list gets better by the minute!

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Wait a minute! There could be a Trio coming on .... just thought of another Thigh-High-Boot-Wearer!!

This could be a role that Helen Mirren might enjoy.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
This thread goes off on a life of its own at times - Tee hee:D

I think some who contribute to this thread must be Monty Python Fans - Three 'older' men in high boots (should they be wearing stetsons too?), a chorus of 'golden girls' in short skirts (exception of Karen here - as she's far too young to be a golden girl!) set to a backdrop of council chambers??? . Perhaps we should have the Mayor wearing his enormous, golden chain of office as the star of the show.

Help let me out!!!

xxTinaT

Last edited:

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
Singing !

Hi Jimbo – it’s ME – Tender Face – oh actually that was mum :rolleyes: – so I rather like Tinker Face :) – (JPG1 the culprit, I believe) only I can’t change my username. Well, I could – but they’d still spot me!!!!!;):p:D

Did someone mention singing? I am renowned for it!!!! :) (Someone once mentioned I was so good it was akin to howling at the moon – I thought that was grossly unfair????:() In fact, it was my Plan B if the council vote wasn’t going the right way for Tina – it was my secret weapon from the public gallery to get them to change their votes!!!!!

Blown my cover now!!!!!:p

Kaz, (Tender Face, Tinker Face, ‘Oi You’ – I answer to most things!;))

OI YOU....YEAH Tinker face ..Tender face , Kaz......whoever ! i refuse to show my face if you dare to sing !haha.and if you even think of resurrecting your pink leather mini !

Last edited:

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
OI YOU....YEAH Tinker face ..Tender face , Kaz......whoever ! i refuse to show my face if you dare to sing !haha.and if you even think of resurrecting your pink leather mini !

If Tinker Face is into leather minis, she could also wear fairly long leather boots!

http://www.arollothighboots.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Arollo-_0135.jpg

Jennifer Aniston's into leather mini skirts too - the cast list is improving.

Not sure yet that leather should become the overriding theme though.

Tina - the three mature gents won't be wearing stetsons! Just long leather boots. As for the Mayor, there could be a need for more chains than just his chain of office.

Must get this thread back on track. Now, what was it Jimbo wanted me to do for you? Oh yes, Local Government Acts and their amendments. What an exciting challenge!! Thanks a lot, Jimbo!

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Before making any further comment about the last few posts
I noticed the last one was from angela robinson
Ah! I says to myself Could this be the lady they refer too as Angie ?
Not wishing to make a similar mistake as I did with !Oi You! I thought a little bit of detective work was called for
What did I turn up

by angela robinson
1959..white plastic short mac...white plastic knee high boots .mini skirt ,,,and sporting a very short cropped urchin haircut,WOW i thought i looked a million dollars.,another favourite item was a white frilled sissy shirt?

Thinking about the other recent comments Thigh boots Helen Mirren ( who in her younger days was well known for taking her clothes off)
I begin to wonder what I have let myself in for associating with these people.
But please be aware I am looking up the timetable for the next coach
What am I missing

By the way Hello Angie It is nice to know you are a supporter of Tina's
But according to your post above it must only be moral support , you hadn't got much else on to support her .
So help me I can't wait for that next coach
Best wishes
jimbo 111

Ps Angie what was a 'frilled sissy shirt '
Please be carefull with your answer I already suffer with high blood pressure
J

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Jimbo, you have just deviated again - and there was I about to be extremely serious, having carried out my research into the Local Government rules and regs, as requested.

Voting

24. (a) Except where otherwise expressly provided by law or these Standing Orders,
every motion or amendment shall be put to the Council and shall be
determined by a show of hands

24. (b) Provided that upon a request made by five members at any time after the
moving of a motion or amendment and prior to the calling for a vote thereon by
the Mayor, the names of the members voting for or against such motion or
amendment or abstaining from voting shall be taken down in writing and
recorded in the minutes of the proceedings of that meeting of the Council; the
said members requesting a named vote being required to stand to identify
themselves to the Mayor for the purpose of making such a request.

24. (c) Provided also that where immediately after a vote is taken any member of the
Council so requires, it shall be recorded in the minutes of the proceedings of
that meeting whether that member voted for or against such motion or
amendment or whether the member abstained from voting.

Taken from Bolton Council's Rules of Procedure - Section G Standing Orders Relating to Proceedings of the Council: http://www.bolton.gov.uk/sites/DocumentCentre/Documents/The Council’s Rules Of Procedure.pdf

Lots more interesting material there for you, Tina, beginning on page 40.

Including information about Disorderly Conduct!!! ;)

Our Jimbo's not as green as he's cabbage-looking, is he! :D

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Well GPG, when I've translated that into plain English, I will certainly be asking the councillors I will be meeting to ask for this.

Just got back from visiting Ken and then onto visiting my mum. Mum wasn't in, despite the fact that I had phoned her earlier and told her what time I'd be visiting! It was fortunate that I could get into the house and check that she wasn't slumped behind a door somewhere so at least I know she isn't ill!!

I'm afraid that she is getting more than just old age forgetfulness as this sort of thing is happening more and more often nowadays.
xxTinaT

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Well I think my server has gone awol again! I want to post a picture I took of Ken on this afternoon's visit but I keep getting the message 'Internet Explorer has stopped working' and have to close the link!!

I'll try one more time, then give up for now and try again later. Ah the mystery of computers!!!

xxTina T

Last edited:

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Well, one last try - I think the old system was easier. I hope this works

xxTinaT

chair resized.jpg

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Success!! He was fast asleep and although the picture doesn't show it, he was reclining back and looked much more comfortable than the picture shows.

xxTinaT

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
when I've translated that into plain English, I will certainly be asking the councillors I will be meeting to ask for this.

Plain English (as spoken in England!) : in advance of the Council meeting, you've got to nobble 5 members who are prepared to support you, to persuade them to stand up at the end of the debate and after the motion or amendment has been 'moved' (painful, I know!) and also before the Mayor in the Chair calls for a vote to be taken.

Those 5 members (once nobbled, or should I say persuaded to support your cause) will need to request that the names of those who vote for, or against, or abstain shall be taken down in writing and recorded in the minutes. So that you can all see who voted and how.

If I've got that wrong, Jimbo will be along to set you on the path to righteousness.

PS. Looks as if Ken likes to chair so much!

Edited to add: until you see the Agenda, you won't know what the 'motion' wording might be .... ... so be guided by your nobbled Council members.

Last edited:

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Plain English (as spoken in England!) : in advance of the Council meeting, you've got to nobble 5 members who are prepared to support you, to persuade them to stand up at the end of the debate and after the motion or amendment has been 'moved' (painful, I know!) and also before the Mayor in the Chair calls for a vote to be taken.

Those 5 members (once nobbled, or should I say persuaded to support your cause) will need to request that the names of those who vote for, or against, or abstain shall be taken down in writing and recorded in the minutes. So that you can all see who voted and how.

If I've got that wrong, Jimbo will be along to set you on the path to righteousness.

PS. Looks as if Ken likes to chair so much!

Edited to add: until you see the Agenda, you won't know what the 'motion' wording might be .... ... so be guided by your nobbled Council members.
Standing Orders

JPG1
It looks like the rules are basically the same as they were in the 80's
The only difference being the number required
As I read your post and the Council Standing Orders how well I remember the times ( sometimes 1 oclock in the morning bleary eyed and absolutely ******** trying to understand what the hell they meant in those convulated Orders (and I think my wife often thought I was out with another woman}
Oh! happy days Thank you for the memory

jimbo 111
Ps Tina
That man looks at peace with the world (and with his dreams ) Lovely picture and lovely chair
jimbo

Last edited: