I need a drink......... anyone want to join me???

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Well I've had a so so day, but I will not partake of malt scotch tonight. I slept sooooo well last night on the sofa that I missed mum tripping by into the kitchen and so what greeted me this morning was a strange mixture of breakfast, lunch and tea in the sink and melted chocolate in the cat bowls!!!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Well I've had a so so day, but I will not partake of malt scotch tonight. I slept sooooo well last night on the sofa that I missed mum tripping by into the kitchen and so what greeted me this morning was a strange mixture of breakfast, lunch and tea in the sink and melted chocolate in the cat bowls!!!

Aaarrrggh!:eek:

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Ooooooh and I thought dads milky weetabix spread on toast was a bit:confused:
Least you slept well ;)

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Well, Ive had a c****y day today although TP has cheered me up

May I join you tonight? I have a nice Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast

Um, did she feed chocolate to the cat or eat it out of the cats bowl?

Seriously hoping melted chocolate isnt a euphemism :eek:

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
I can't get the image of an elderly lady eating melted chocolate from of a cat bowl out of my mind. Sorry but it keeps making me laugh.
We enjoyed a nice bottle of Shiraz tonight.
Cheers everyone.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Um, did she feed chocolate to the cat or eat it out of the cats bowl?

Seriously hoping melted chocolate isnt a euphemism :eek:

It was definitely melted chocolate! I have choc chips in a jar for baking I think mum thought they were cat biscuits, so she spread them out in all bowls, then poured hot water on them, got there just in time to stop her putting down on floor, there were no cats around, but the dogs would have eaten it!!

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
My dog would eat too , eats anything :eek:I keep it hidden. Mum has choc drops (dog variety) for our dog at hers with big stickers saying dog treats incase dad eats them :rolleyes:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thank you kjn. Im sipping the wine and reading posts with NCIS on in the background. Im hoping to be well chilled and sleep better tonight.

"It was definitely melted chocolate! I have choc chips in a jar for baking I think mum thought they were cat biscuits, so she spread them out in all bowls, then poured hot water on them, got there just in time to stop her putting down on floor, there were no cats around, but the dogs would have eaten it!! "

:eek::eek: good job you got there or it might have been a trip to the vet!!

mancmum

Feb 6, 2012
Its desperate here....only have bucks fizz left

The above is self explanatory.

Respite carer in to let me go shopping for underwear on my own. Came home with a lovely ghost top from TK but was so knackered didn't go to bar for nice glass of white wine on my own. Have finished off rose cava but second bottle is only bucks fizz.

Husband working away this week and wine supplies have not been topped up.

mancmum

Feb 6, 2012
No one says that having rellie live with you is even for the hangover days.

Husband is working away. Did not think I would miss him so much.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
I got so Ill once upon a time on Buck's Fizz :D

Illness for me, a long time ago, was from a bottle of Sangria, awful stuff, but I drank it! Then tried to negotiate a spiral staircase.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
:D...and then the ropey holiday red wine, the over do of the Pernod and black :rolleyes:
I just go to bed these days:D

silverlining18

Dec 23, 2014
My hubby and I are on the whisky, we too have had a stressful day with MiL. All carers - a big cyber hug to you all.
Well it's Friday night and I'm sat in having frustrating groundhog day style conversations with my lovely dad with Alzheimers. Every days the same, at about 4.30pm he starts looking at his watch and announcing that he's off to bed. Every day I say sorry dad it's too early, why don't we have a cup of tea and watch (another) episode of Last of The Summer Wine. Every day this continues (with much elaborate yawning) until about 7pm when I finally back down and help him up to bed. Then I have the same conversations about why he has to take his clothes off and why he can't wear them to bed !! It's not that I'm being cruel but if I let him go to bed any earlier he would be up at about 4 or 5 in the morning meaning that we would have to get up too in case he fell etc.

It's been one of those weeks (which I know you've all had). Messy accidents in the bathroom and pooh trodden all around the house, an episode of projectile vomiting which saw my bathroom attractively pebble dashed !! Yet another infection brewing adding yet more confusion and a full on struggle this morning in the bathroom to get him to wash and shave which resulted in one of his eyebrows being shaved off !!! He did that not me before you think it was was my way of getting him back.

I almost can't remember what life was like before Alzheimers came to live with us but pray every night that God gives me strength and patience to deal with it whilst it resides with us.

In the meantime though........thank the Lord for wine. xx

Caroleca

Jan 11, 2014
Ontario canada
Well...since most of you are kipped down for the night...I will have a glass of Shiraz...with some mini rolo chockies and put on a movie....
Carole

Flake

Mar 9, 2015
Well its Sunday afternoon, and the bottle is there looking at me. Shall I have a sip? Oh yes more than one sip! We were watching the Marathon today and Mum said she had run the Marathon with her work friends when she was younger. I said I was impressed she had been able to run that far, but she had done it two or three times and it had been such a lovely day :confused: I asked if she had a medal but she couldnt remember getting one. I asked if she was on TV and she just went on to say they had all had a lovely time and she didnt ache the next day. This went on for quite some time and I found myself having the weirdest of conversations. Bottle now in hand, glass filled and Im having a gulp ! :D

gringo

Feb 1, 2012
UK.
"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." Proverbs 20:1

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
The chicken is in the oven, I am just peeling the sweet potatoes for roasting and I have a large glass of Chardonnay. Normal Sunday evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77