I need a drink......... anyone want to join me???

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Blimey , dried pkt and flavoured myself is from scratch here:D
Who has that much time:eek:

I havnt watched it past couple times, afraid I'm sick of the vegetable expert:rolleyes::D

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
I feel like I am wearing a hat that is at least 3 sizes too small - that is after 2 very large glasses of sauvignon blanc. The questions have been endless today and mum has developeded an obsession about our springer spaniel, the poor dog hid in our bedroom to get a bit of quiet!

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Awww springer, when we go to mum n dads , olive says hello then off to mums bedroom for sleep :rolleyes:
Hope your headache eases , I've had headache too but think is head cold , cold weather fear perhaps;)

Suzanna1969

Mar 28, 2015
Essex
I just got in from an evening at the theatre and dinner, a lovely evening's respite courtesy of my brother. I even brought a bottle of Merlot home with me (the best kind of doggy bag!) which I am enjoying as I know I don't have to drive again tonight no matter what.

Tomorrow is another day but I won't think about that for now.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Nothing like a nice wee malt. Is it a Speyside?

I'm lucky. My lovely boy has been good today. He is mostly. Just sad we can't have a conversation.

We're on Sauvignon Blanc at the moment. We can still share that!

Sorry, but whats Speyside? What I am drinking is Lagavulin and this is my last one, now feeling sleepy and shall be on the sofa tonight, mum may do a little wandering so I need to be between her bedroom and the kitchen!!!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Lagavulin is a Highland malt and has peaty taste. The Speyside ones come from the area round the River Spey. These are not so peaty tasting. Macallan, Balvenie, Glenlivet and Glenfiddich are all Speyside malts.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Lagavulin is a Highland malt and has peaty taste. The Speyside ones come from the area round the River Spey. These are not so peaty tasting. Macallan, Balvenie, Glenlivet and Glenfiddich are all Speyside malts.

Ah, I have a Cragganmore which I believe is a Speyside!!!!!!!! But I do love my Lagavulin and I share it with nobody. I obviously love my peat.

Stresshead

Sep 13, 2014
Well whatever it is you're drinking I think we all deserve it!! So bottoms up and enjoy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Miss shiraz

Dec 24, 2014
Midlands
Bit late to the party on this one so.... bottle open now and playing catch up after a s**t 24 hrs. MIL refusing respite or any help whilst we're on hols in June. Apparently she cooks a nice meal every day (micros meals I've made), cleans house (has cleaner) and does gardening (gardener employed), does everything like she's always does..... that's what she told dem nurse yesterday at review....... doesn't need any help....lalala blah blah!! Not sure how much more i can take. We've all been here i know but will soldier on like we all do. There are folk a lot worse off than me i realise from this forum.
So cheers to alzheimers. . ... a great excuse/reason to have drink :D

Last edited:

Suzanna1969

Mar 28, 2015
Essex
Well I've had a stinking hangover all day! Just not used to drinking any more, a far cry from my clubbing days!

Luckily Mum was pretty lucid today and Dad was in good spirits so my suffering was restricted to headache and slight nausea!

Stresshead

Sep 13, 2014
Welcome to the party, I'm just about to start again too !!
I'm sure I must have a massive hole in my tongue where I've been biting it all day. Up at 6 as predicted due to early night. Sulked a little as I didn't get up straight away. Thought he looked at funny colour and realised he had washed his face with toothpaste !! Then drove me mad looking in coat pockets, drawers and cupboards but couldn't tell me what he was searching for. Lots of elaborate tutting which means that whatever it was he was searching for he thinks we've stolen!! Everything I gave him to eat was either too hot, too cold or tasted funny.........grrrrrr!! And the watch checking started again at 4.30 and wants to go to bed. Give me flippin strength !!
Pass me the bottle !!
Chin chin xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Miss shiraz

Dec 24, 2014
Midlands
Cheers! Starting to think that using a glass just creates washing up.... ever thought about changing time on watch/clock but guess that means more frustration before belated bed time.... can't win really but that's Alz for you... cruel disease.
Its a good opportunity to provide Govt with revenue (tax on alcohol ).... doing our bit to support the country etc :D
bottoms up ;)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry you're all having such bad days. I'm thanking my lucky stars that things are quite good here. Perhaps j shouldn't have said that.

Anyway. Doing my bit for revenue and customs etc. Sauvignon blanc again. It's becoming a habit. Cheers. xx

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Well as my day has been ok , good chat on phone with mum , much more open with feelings now re dads issues I'm pleased to say, so il support you all with a g&t having had no power for last couple hours wasn't sure what we would be eating :D