I can't do this............

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Skye, Aug 26, 2007.

1. fearful fiona

fearful fiona Registered User

Apr 19, 2007
    London
    Dear Hazel,

I had a few tears too, he looks such a lovely gentle kind man, I want to give him a big cuddle. It looks such a lovely place, I'm sure you will look forward to visiting him there in such a lovely environment.

Hope you are able to have a bit of much earned rest now knowing that while you are not there he is in such caring hands.

Much love,

2. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Thank you so much. I keep looking back at those photos, they comfort me when I'm not with him.

Is that silly?

Love,

3. ROSEANN

ROSEANN Registered User

Oct 1, 2006
    staffordshire
    Dear Hazel
    It is not silly I thank the man who gave us photo`s at least they give us comfort.
    The home looks lovely and I hope when the time comes we are as lucky as you in finding such a good place,I am also pleased for you that your step-sons are surrporting you.
    My love to you both
    Roseann

4. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Dear Hazel,
    They are lovely photos & the home looks beautiful. Please take care of yourself now. I know how difficult it is putting a loved one in care. I don't want you getting depressed or anything like that.
    Love
    Joanne

5. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland

Thanks, Joanne & Roseann. I'm not depressed, Joanne, I was far more depressed when John was at home and I knew I wasn't coping.

Now? I just feel guilty. The truth is, with proper care and constant company, John is getting better every day. I should be glad about that, but it gives me such doubts. Did I jump too soon?

This disease truly is hell, isn't it? I don't think there's ever a time when you feel you're doing a good job. Anxiety, frustration, doubt and guilt are par for the course.

To end on a positive: I planted my spring bulb pots this morning!

Love,