I can't do this............

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Hazel,

I had a few tears too, he looks such a lovely gentle kind man, I want to give him a big cuddle. It looks such a lovely place, I'm sure you will look forward to visiting him there in such a lovely environment.

Hope you are able to have a bit of much earned rest now knowing that while you are not there he is in such caring hands.

Much love,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you so much. I keep looking back at those photos, they comfort me when I'm not with him.

Is that silly?

Love,

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Hazel
It is not silly I thank the man who gave us photo`s at least they give us comfort.
The home looks lovely and I hope when the time comes we are as lucky as you in finding such a good place,I am also pleased for you that your step-sons are surrporting you.
My love to you both
Roseann

Canadian Joanne

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Hazel,
They are lovely photos & the home looks beautiful. Please take care of yourself now. I know how difficult it is putting a loved one in care. I don't want you getting depressed or anything like that.
Love
Joanne

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Canadian Joanne said:
I know how difficult it is putting a loved one in care. I don't want you getting depressed or anything like that.

Thanks, Joanne & Roseann. I'm not depressed, Joanne, I was far more depressed when John was at home and I knew I wasn't coping.

Now? I just feel guilty. The truth is, with proper care and constant company, John is getting better every day. I should be glad about that, but it gives me such doubts. Did I jump too soon?

This disease truly is hell, isn't it? I don't think there's ever a time when you feel you're doing a good job. Anxiety, frustration, doubt and guilt are par for the course.

To end on a positive: I planted my spring bulb pots this morning!

Love,