I am new to this type of communication/support. My husband has Lat Onset Alzheimer's Disease, in late 2017.

crescentkelley

Mar 5, 2024
He was also diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 2022. I find it difficult to distinguish between which disease and symptoms sometimes.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome, I come from the other end of the spectrum, I had a wife with early onset AZ, diagnosed years ago, been on the site her for nearly 12 years, no extra complications like Parkinson's involved but I just learned to take everyday as it comes, no point in fighting when you know eventually you will lose, be it AZ, Parkinson's and all the other options, people are people and all different, it's not all about a specific diagnosis, all we can do here is share the load. K

crescentkelley

Mar 5, 2024
Hello and welcome, I come from the other end of the spectrum, I had a wife with early onset AZ, diagnosed years ago, been on the site her for nearly 12 years, no extra complications like Parkinson's involved but I just learned to take everyday as it comes, no point in fighting when you know eventually you will lose, be it AZ, Parkinson's and all the other options, people are people and all different, it's not all about a specific diagnosis, all we can do here is share the load. K

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Good morning, sharing the load is why we are here.
Mutual support, we all have good and bad days. K

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
A warm welcome to Dementia Support Forum @crescentkelley. This is a very friendly and supportive forum so I'm glad you found us. I don't know much aabout Parkinson's disease or its association with dementia, but I wonder if this fact sheet will help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980