My husband has early onset AZ aged 53

Michelle Parnham

Nov 16, 2023
Hi I'm new to this site/forum and looking for any advice that could help me. My husband was diagnosed with Early Onset AZ Sept 22, aged 53 then, we have a 16 year old son. The disease has changed him so much, I dont like this new version of him he has rages when he's frustrated which happens alot he misplaces things constantly and I have to stop everything to help him find it. He has always had OCD but this is now magnified hes very demanding when he wants something and it has to happen instantly. He cant use the cooker anymore, chooses not to drive,(which is a good thing) and his employer is doubting his ability to do his job and have asked for a doctors report they dont know that he cant operate a laptop anymore and i'm doing work for him. His behavior is erratic unpleasant, and nasty at times, he puts a facade on in front of everyone else people dont see it he looks the same and sounds the same but he's a different person now. How do other people cope with the awful changes that happen our loved ones? Thanks

LadyLouise

Jul 14, 2022
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Contact Acas to find out your husband’s rights in respect of being let go for medical reasons, to make sure he gets everything he is entitled to and that the employer follows the proper procedures. If your husband belongs to a union, call their advice line. I can really recommend the helpline here, too.