I’m Bev & my husband has Alzheimer’s

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
Is there anyone in the Salisbury /Amesbury area on this forum as I’m interested in what help groups there are in the area for my husband & I to go to

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome Bev from Salisbury, I'm Kev from Salford, no idea but I just like the alteration, someone will say something more useful no doubt, so just a hello from me. K

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Carer, now retired for both mum and wife and all 3 of us former NHS nurses, sadly the ladies have now passed away but 12 years on the site here you learn a lot, as I said on another thread I'd do it all again in a heartbeat if I could. Hard while they were here, harder now they're not, just moving on...K

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
I will do whatever my husband needs me to
Just finding it really frightening & not knowing what to expect It’s so lovely to hear you miss them so much

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Bevhar I don't live in your part of the country but the link below might be useful to find some support groups in your local area:

If you would like to talk to someone about how you are feeling the Admiral nurses provide help and support to carers/families, plus you might be interested in the companion calls too:

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
Hello @Bevhar I don't live in your part of the country but the link below might be useful to find some support groups in your local area:

If you would like to talk to someone about how you are feeling the Admiral nurses provide help and support to carers/families, plus you might be interested in the companion calls too:

Thank you so much for this information