Husband refusing to eat dinners

Orsonkartt

Aug 6, 2023
My wife now only eats only a small bowl of soup. Plus pudding , that is anything that’s sweet.

I make chocolate from cocoa butter and peanut butter sweetened with alulose , she loves it, who wouldn’t?

Also protein drinks which add another 50 grams of protein . It’s not what most people would consider normal but it’s something

Shem56

Aug 31, 2020
My husband has also vascular dementia and is the same with food ‘ he doesn’t seem to like anything now and used to eat a lot ‘ he has also lost lots of weight he has ensure drinks and shake drinks but I don’t think they help much ‘ it’s really so hard nowing what to give him as he never no what he wants and seems to just pick at it and push it on the side of the plate it’s really hard nowing what to do

Shem56

Aug 31, 2020
I have exactly the same problem with hubby. He used to say whats for dinner but now he doesn't want any food. He has the tiniest portion and leaves half of that. He objects to eating with his fingers. If I give him a sandwich cut into quarters with the crusts cut off he insists on a knife and fork and spoon. Then just eats the middle part. Pizza is hopeless, have you ever tried eating pizza with a knife and fork! A toasted thin bagel cut in half is all he will attempt. He says he is sick of food and all we do is eat!