How to cope

Sensei

Feb 21, 2023
Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with mixed dementia, one of the causes being a series of 30+ mini strokes.
I consider myself intelligent with a relatively high iq of 137. All of this is very frustrating, as I find the simplest of tasks very challenging.

Cwb

Jul 6, 2022
I was diagnosed at the beginning of the year…I’m 62….or thereabouts! I’m not actually sure- however over several months I have got used to the ‘holes’ in my memory & have accepted I need help with quite a few things …
I have cried, been angry, tried to fight back etc - as I grieved over my loss…
I have developed coping mechanisms & had to find new hobbies…and daily life is becoming easier for me …I am very thankful for the help of my husband…which has been huge help….
Work at the things which are your priorities & anything that isn’t a priority - bin!

adamarkin

Dec 15, 2023
iqtestonline.io
Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with mixed dementia, one of the causes being a series of 30+ mini strokes.
I consider myself intelligent with a relatively high iq of 137. All of this is very frustrating, as I find the simplest of tasks very challenging.
At least one in every ten people with dementia is diagnosed as having more than one type. Mixed dementia is much more common in older age groups, such as those over 75 years.

Despite many older people having both Alzheimer’s disease and vascular problems, relatively few are diagnosed with ‘mixed dementia’. Doctors tend to only use the term ‘mixed dementia’ when a person has clear clinical features of two types of disease that directly contribute to dementia symptoms. I was diagnosed with mixed dementia recently. It's really a frustrating and challenging time for me. I think I should find new hobbies and make differences in managing daily life...

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloJb