How bad will this get?

Bettyjayne2024

Jul 6, 2024
I want to say hello, I’m new here and need some support. I live with my parents, one who is disabled (mum) and my dad who is 96 with dementia.
Recently my dad has started to get rapidly worse.
He doesn’t sit still, needs help with eating, understanding what to do with going to the toilet and now eating.
i don’t know what to do to help him! My mum is doing a great job but is also exhausted.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Bettyjayne2024.

I’m so sorry to hear about your situation. It must be such a worry for you.

I think from what you’ve said that your mum has no outside help in caring for your dad. If that’s the case then I think it is time to get this organised or your mum will end up with carer breakdown. It’s great that your parents have you looking out for them.

This link will give you information on what to do to get your parents’ needs assessed. It also mentions a carer’s assessment. It would be a good idea to contact your parents’ local council and start the process. Emphasise how vulnerable both of your parents are.

I’m so glad you’ve found this forum. Come here to ask questions, share concerns and when you need to just to let off some steam.[/URL]

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
Forgive me if I am stating things obvious to you. Have you got attendance allowance sorted out. It will help with costs of carers etc?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZPat