Sidcup

Attachments

• GetAttachment (22).jpg
    GetAttachment (22).jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 408

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
I have never understood what is really meant by a folding caravan - what does it fold into? Or is it one of those that looks like a normal trailer and then you pull bits up and out?!

Celia

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
All the sides fold down and then it looks like a trailer, making it much easier to tow. When we put it up we have half the caravan people watching us erect it as it takes about 5 mins! It has hob, sink, fridge, double bed which then doubles as a large table and chairs, singe bed but no toilet

We bought it on ebay very very cheap. So cheap that the price £700 actually would have cost us for all the extras that come with it!

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
This time in 2 days time we will be away! I don't care if it rains, snows or anything else! Poor MIL she has done nothing wrong, she's been nice today which makes me feel worse...........

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
ENJOY
I hope you have lovely weather

A collegue at work had a trailer tent., just like your trailer Caravan it was erected and taken down in no time flat

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
have a glorious break! Its nothing to do with what your MIL has or hasn't done - whether she's been 'naughty or nice' this break is about YOU!

I speak having been back from my holiday for just under a week and even having done what I was expecting to be a traumatic and distressing house clearance I still feel better. Its a real tonic which you need.

Have a wonderful time:D:D:D

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Thank you everyone

Does it get easier on ones guilty over time? Is the first time the worse?

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
For me, yes - thinking of my mum (carer breakdown) and how I used to feel when I didn't see her one day at a time at first. I used to be in knots worrying about how she was coping ... it gets slightly easier every time, even now.

Similarly with dad who's in a care home (he has dementia) ... when he first went into care I fretted terribly about how he was doing and practically raced to see him ... and there he'd be sitting placidly in his room!

The only thing I will say is that I did seek help to cope with the feelings I was having which were overwhelming - and actually that's what was the turning point for me. I found a counsellor through my local carers centre.

Anyway ... have a great break, enjoy it for what it is and try not to think too far ahead (although I do that all the time :p)

Hopeful1

Sep 2, 2013
Have a lovely time

Just joined the forum today and have enjoyed reading your thread and following your mounting excitement. Just wanted to join everyone else in wishing you a good time. Do report back and let us know how you got on.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
This time in 2 days time we will be away! I don't care if it rains, snows or anything else! Poor MIL she has done nothing wrong, she's been nice today which makes me feel worse...........

It's the same as your toothache stopping the minute you sit in the dentists waiting room. The pain is still there but you just don't feel it for a while. :D

Enjoy !!!!!

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
You will be on your way by now I expect. Hope you have a lovely time, unwind, enjoy and the weather is kind to you.

Look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Enjoy!

Loo xxx

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Back now!

Got back home about 2 hours ago. Caravan all away in our garage now. We had an absolutely fantastic time everyone! The temperature in Hythe was 30c yesterday and all week except today we had blue skies and no clouds. It was bliss, absolute bliss. Now feel ready for tomorrow when we pick MIL up. I have not even phoned the CH as I saw little point because if anything was wrong they would have called me. ...........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980