Hi my husband has Altzeimers and I have just been told of the forum. It will be good to be able to chat with people maybe experie similar situations.

BerniceL

Feb 20, 2024
Hi my husband has Altzeimers and I have just been told of the forum. It will be good to be able to chat with people maybe experiencing similar situations.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hello @BerniceL my husband has vascular dementia diagnosed almost 4 years ago. have you got power of attorney for health and finances. it will be very useful going forward. need to make sure you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to. just take it a day at a time.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @BerniceL and welcome to the forum
This is a very friendly site. It has been a life saver to me.
Feel free to join in the conversations, but remember that not everything that you read about will happen to you/your husband.
Do start a new thread if you want to ask specific questions (nothing is off limits) or talk about your own situation. Many people have long running threads to record what is happening and to chat to other members.
See you around
xx

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @BerniceL and welcome from me also to this friendly and supportive forum.

I'm sorry to read about your husband's diagnosis. It's tough for both of you for sure. As others have said, do have a good look around the forums and ask any particular questions you may like to. Members here really do want to help.