Just wanted to say hi!

Miffy1941

Hi everyone I have just joined this Forum, my father has recently been diagnosed with dementia and the more I read about it, it has become clear that he has been experiencing traits of dementia for several years and now it is becoming quite progressive.
I have been learning as much as I can to be able to support him and my mum in any way I can so any useful tips anyone has would be so very welcome. Many thanks Kindest regards Caroline

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Welcome @Miffy1941 I hope you will find the forum helpful and informative.

There’s lots of different experiences on this site and members are very generous and willing to share.

Your mum will be so grateful for your support. It will help her feel less isolated when she knows you’ve joined the Dementia Support Forum.

Miffy1941

Welcome @Miffy1941 I hope you will find the forum helpful and informative.

There’s lots of different experiences on this site and members are very generous and willing to share.

Your mum will be so grateful for your support. It will help her feel less isolated when she knows you’ve joined the Dementia Support Forum.

Miffy1941

Thankyou Grannie G, my mum struggles so any guidance and support I can give her I know will mean the absolute world xxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Your mum isn’t on her own. @Miffy1941 We are all out of our depth when first confronted with dealing with dementia.

I hope your mum will take all the help she can get.

jennifer1967

at least your mum has a supportive daughter which is worth more than anything. she might need a break or bit of me time. has your mum any specific questions or is it in general?