Help with eating

pcjjk

Oct 15, 2021
Thank you to everyone who replied to my earlier post and the running backwards and forwards to the toilet seems to have stopped for now, but I have another question?

She seems to have stopped wanting to eat and just wants to drink replacement meal drinks which is going to be difficult when we go away at the end of April.

At the moment, the GP had given us a starter prescription of 16 bottles which has now come to an end and I am having to order Complan from Amazon. But I am also thinking of making my own “smoothies” using more conventional food and a liquidiser such as a Ninja Bullet.

My series of questions are : Has anyone else had this issue with a loved one, did you manage to overcome it - and if so how - and have you used a Ninja Bullet, is it any good or is there something better

Thank you to everyone.

Take care and stay safe

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @pcjjk This must be so hard for you. I have not had any experience with this but have a couple of suggestions that you might want to consider.
First of all - has the doctor made a referral to the SALT (speech and language therapy) team to assess if there is a physical reason why your wife is unwilling to eat.
And secondly - have you considered asking for a referral to a dietitian for advice.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Th only thing i would say is that a Ninja bullet ( around £50) doesnt do the job and better than a hand held stick blender ( Less than £20)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kare143