Help please!

victoriab70

Mar 23, 2024
I am really concerned as I’m sure many of you are about the future of social care for people with dementia. I live in the High Peak in Derbyshire and the county council currently has a consultation open on the Proposed redesign of residential care and day opportunities for older people (adult care). It does focus on those with dementia and they are proposing to close day and residential care amenities. At the moment there are only 2 residential care homes and 2 day care centres in the High Peak and they are all included on the proposed closure list. If the council cut these services then there will be no access to adult care services in the High Peak. This would mean to access adult services people would have to travel a minimum of 25 miles for about an hour.

If you live in Derbyshire please consider responding to the consultation and consider signing the position.

https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/council/have-your-say/consultation-search/consultations.aspx

Objection to Derbyshire County Council's proposal to Close 8 Day Centres for Older People (EPET402)

My apologies if this type of post isn’t acceptable as I couldn’t see anything in the guidelines or FAQs

Thank you!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I am really concerned as I’m sure many of you are about the future of social care for people with dementia. I live in the High Peak in Derbyshire and the county council currently has a consultation open on the Proposed redesign of residential care and day opportunities for older people (adult care). It does focus on those with dementia and they are proposing to close day and residential care amenities. At the moment there are only 2 residential care homes and 2 day care centres in the High Peak and they are all included on the proposed closure list. If the council cut these services then there will be no access to adult care services in the High Peak. This would mean to access adult services people would have to travel a minimum of 25 miles for about an hour.

If you live in Derbyshire please consider responding to the consultation and consider signing the position.

https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/council/have-your-say/consultation-search/consultations.aspx

Objection to Derbyshire County Council's proposal to Close 8 Day Centres for Older People (EPET402)

My apologies if this type of post isn’t acceptable as I couldn’t see anything in the guidelines or FAQs

Thank you!
I'm hoping that the election will bring some sort of change. Dad passed away five years ago and I would have thought things would have improved.

MaNaAk