help for carers.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What an upbeat Post Zebra.

The home your mother is in sounds ideal for her. You are quite right in what you say about homes. The selling point is the change for the better in your mother. You can`t ask for more than that.

Good for your sister, not to overlook bad practice even though your mother is no longer affected by it.

Take care xx

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Zebra,

I'm just SO glad for you that things are working out for your Mum!

Please tell your niece for me that I am so pleased she has written to the MP. I realise that Social Workers have a very hard job to do and that they are severely limited by funding. This must make even the best SWs a bit grim at times.

But the SW you had was obviously either useless or on a power trip! :eek: Either way he had the chance to effect the lives of others in a very negative way. (Thank goodness your family "escaped"! :) )

Just wanted to end by saying that there are some fabulous Social Workers who do a wonderful job, but as in any profession, there are also some "duds". As with any profession, we want to weed out te "duds" so they cannot do additional harm to families already carrying great burdens.

Every best wish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch