Hello

Claire098

May 25, 2024
Hi I'm new here I'm a carer for mum 24/7 who has dimentia with Lewy bodies also has hearing problems won't leave hearing aids in very difficult to comucate with her

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Wow Claire, you slipped in under the radar.
Hello and welcome from and I'm sure all of us.
Hearing aids and any form of dementia, nightmare, tell me about it, my wife had one for each ear, mum just the one, cleaned more of those than I care to remember.
Problem is that without them they can become isolated and feel excluded, please persevere.
Deafness can be so hard to deal with on top of everything else, you'll miss it when it all ends. K

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hi @Claire098 welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. Problems with hearing and hearing aids do come up fairly regularly here and the search link below might contain something useful that may help, although it's difficult if your mum takes her hearing aids out. Lewy bodies can result in audio hallucinations so I wonder if this could be contributing to some hearing issues? There are quite a few members here with personal experience of Lewy bodies so hopefully you will receive some useful advice/suggestions as people here are happy to help and offer support when they can.