Hello

Shell71

Feb 17, 2024
Hi my name is Michelle.
My mother n law has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimers- her husband is her main Carer with myself and my husband (her son) trying to be there for them both. However we live 3 hrs away. I know we will all need ongoing support and advice in different ways and saw this forum on the website and was interest in joining the community.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Join in, all welcome, sad we have meet this way, but it is what it is. The first 10 years are the worst as we agreed on another thread. K

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Shell71 and welcome to Dementia Support Forum. You will find this to be a helpful and friendly community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. You can ask questions, join in with conversations, share with people who truly understand and let off steam when you need to.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Shell71 and a welcome from me also to this supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here and members really do want to help.

I am sorry to read about your Mother in Law. It will be very tough of your Father in Law being her main carer, and tough on you and your husband living three hours away. I do feel for you. This link may help with information:

Do have a good look around the forums, and do ask any particular questions you may like to. You will find sound advice and helpful information, and understanding from members that have experience of this awful disease.

Shell71

Feb 17, 2024
Hi @Shell71 and welcome to Dementia Support Forum. You will find this to be a helpful and friendly community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. You can ask questions, join in with conversations, share with people who truly understand and let off steam when you need to.
Thank you for your kind reply I appreciate being able to be in contact with people who share similar experiences and The understanding.