Mother has dementia

lonapaull

Apr 22, 2024
Hello, my name is lona and my mother has dementia.
I noticed that something was not right with my mom a little over 10 years ago. She would get very combative with my 2 sons and husband than she started taking off walking away from home. She worked in law enforcement for most of my life and we come from a small community in northern Wisconsin where she has alot of friends and colleagues.
It was almost impossible for me to get anyone to assist with her as she played it off well that we were the problem and she was not ill.
After my husband and oldest son were jailed for her false allegations her taking all her meds,, than being admitted for doing so for the usual 72 hrs... being released from said facility's and brought home with no meds I was forced to move out of our county and she than becoming a word of the county did they realize she was sick. By doing all of this I had no idea just how bad things were going to get.
Her whole life has been taken over by Helping Hands and helping hands they are not! Just by me questioning a few of there Helpings. I have lost all my rights as her daughter, right down to not being able to inquire about her health
This Helping hands has now moved my mother from the home she has been a resident of for 8 years to a smaller nursing home 30 miles away I have not gotten any information from them regarding her instead I get info about her 3rd party can anyo

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome, I guess you're posting from the USA, not a problem my mum/mom was an American too, half my family too.
All here to help, but the laws in different countries.of the UK vary let alone the USA.
So I can't offer any USA help other than to say caring knows no boundaries,, it's international all here to care. K