Hello

Sammy C

Feb 8, 2024
My name is Sammy and I’ve cared for my mother for the past 5 years. She has Alzheimer’s and now lives in residential care. She started wandering outside at night and the police found her on numerous occasions. I just couldn’t keep her safe anymore. The home is fantastic and she enjoys living there.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Hello @Sammy C and welcome to Dementia Support Forum.

You've done a fantastic job in caring for your mum (and continue to do so). It must be a huge relief to know that your mum is safe. The fact that she enjoys the home is also great news and will be of some encouragement for others who are currently facing a similar situation.

Thank you for sharing part of your story. We look forward to getting to know you better, when you are ready 🙂

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Sammy C and welcome from me too to this friendly and supportive forum.
You have done the best thing for your Mum, although I know it's such a heart breaking decision to have to make, but you know she is safe in residential care and by the sounds of it, you are very happy with the level of care. That's great news indeed.
Do please have a good look around the forums, and ask any questions you may like to. Members here will do their very best to help you.