Hello

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Hoda and welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. This is a friendly and supportive forum for people with dementia or their carers. The members here have lots of experience of dementia in all of its forms. If you have any queries or questions just let us know and someone is sure to be able to help or advise you.

Hoda

Dec 6, 2023
Hello @Hoda and welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. This is a friendly and supportive forum for people with dementia or their carers. The members here have lots of experience of dementia in all of its forms. If you have any queries or questions just let us know and someone is sure to be able to help or advise you.
Thank so much
My mother has been living with us for 3 years and her mobility has been good. It’s changed recently very dramatically. She’s seen 3 doctors and her obs are excellent. She had an infection which was treated with antibiotics. Could her mobility change so quickly and dramatically from the dementia? I’m trying to work out also if we should put in a stair lift or wait?

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Thank so much
My mother has been living with us for 3 years and her mobility has been good. It’s changed recently very dramatically. She’s seen 3 doctors and her obs are excellent. She had an infection which was treated with antibiotics. Could her mobility change so quickly and dramatically from the dementia? I’m trying to work out also if we should put in a stair lift or wait?
It might be the infection that has affected your mum's mobility, infections really can have a dramatic effect on people with dementia, or it could be the progression of the disease. Your mum's mobility might improve but there is no guarantee. I am not sure how well someone with dementia would cope with a stair lift, hopefully someone who has experience of that would be able to advise you.