Hello, yes, I'm the daughter

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
So glad your brother has actually turned up, that is such a good thing. It sounds like the home are doing all they can for your dad.
My husband didn't get to see his mum one last time, but as the last time he saw her, despite waiting in A&E with her for tests, was a positive one he's glad about that.
Thinking of you and your lovely dad. His imagination was a wonder.

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
So glad your brother has actually turned up, that is such a good thing. It sounds like the home are doing all they can for your dad.
My husband didn't get to see his mum one last time, but as the last time he saw her, despite waiting in A&E with her for tests, was a positive one he's glad about that.
Thinking of you and your lovely dad. His imagination was a wonder.
It was, wasn't it?!

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
Well, this chapter has come to a close. One of the carers from Dad's old home was also transferred to the new one and has been with my brother and my dad all morning. My younger brother left Dad's side to get ready for work and I, at home, started to feel quite calm and in no rush to go anywhere, unlike the mental turmoil I've had for a while.
Then I had a call - dad died peacefully only a few minutes ago. I feel relief and grief in equal measure. Freedom for dad at last. I am glad it did not go on longer.
I may stick around here for a bit but if I do not, thank you, all for all the advice and support over the three - almost four actually - years I've been here.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
So sorry to hear that news @imthedaughter, but glad it was peaceful and that your brother finally got to see him. Glad someone who knew him well from the old care home was able to be there.
I'll miss hearing about pike, submarines etc etc. Take care of yourself now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bebb