Hello I’m Linda

L Jack

Jul 3, 2024
Hello, my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s two years ago but he has gone down a lot over the last 6 months. My 93 year old Dad also has dementia and when we travel the 140 miles to see him every fortnight, my husband gets very anxious and confused. It’s upsetting when he doesn’t know where he lives or that I live with him. I know I keep saying the wrong things!!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome from me, please have a read around the site, we've all been there at some point.
It's a different experience for us all but we do as carers care for each other. K

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @L Jack and firstly welcome to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here so I am glad you have found us.

I'm sorry to read about your husband, and on top of your Dad, this is extremely tough for you. I hope you have other support or family to assist you. The gradual deterioration of a loved one is just plain cruel and horrible, I do feel for you. Saying the wrong thing again is quite common - you can never win, seemingly.
The following link may provide some tips to help:
People on this forum really do want to help; you'll find understanding, sound advice, and just a listening ear if and when you need to let off a bit of steam. Take care.