Helen and Alan

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Helen:
Its good to hear Alan has had a good day with you. :):)

Sitting time from Crossroads sounds generous but no less than you deserve. I hope you can have a day of pleasure for yourself.

I am sorry about your grandson but hopefully a pacemaker will do the trick.

I hope you have a good night. Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
What a terrible night

Alan has had me up every hour throughout the night and it is like torture. Everything is so much more difficult at those times because he is more confused than usual. The commode concept has gone at those times, as has positioning and everything else:eek::( This morning I am not in a very good mood and the person supposed to wash and dress him is half an hour late and it is not easy to try to keep pacifying a man with dementia as well as riddled with other sicknesses:eek:

Sitting time from Crossroads sounds generous but no less than you deserve.
Jan it is Hospice at Home rather than Crossroads. I rang to say I'd changed my mind about Crossroads and would prefer either Hospice at Home or Marie Curie nurses. I will soon be requiring a night sitter if this continues.

I don't feel very loving and gentle this morning and will be glad to get out for a little while.

Love

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Alan has had me up every hour throughout the night and it is like torture.
I don't feel very loving and gentle this morning and will be glad to get out for a little while.

Love
Oh Helen, I do hope you manage to get out for a break today. Sending love. x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The night times are definitely the worst Helen. There is no one to phone, no help to be had, and you are tired and feel more alone than ever.
I do hope you can get some peace today.
Love xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I phoned the agency up to say that this huge delay was creating havoc and she said it would be another hour or 1.5 hours. I said this was totally unacceptable as my husband was supposed to be having palliative care and this was anything but palliative:eek: They sent someone straight away;) I told the lady that it wasn't her I was annoyed with but the agency and she said she'd been with them 11 years and was on her way out otherwise she would have left years ago because they are rubbish:eek: Anyway Alan is now ready for the day and the Hospice at Home woman should be here any moment.

I am off out and if I'm not on line by tea time, I will have decided not to come back:rolleyes: - just joking.

Love

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Just popped in to give you hug, Helen...:)

Oh....and to remind you to take your passport with you when you go out ;)

Thinking of you. Hope you can relax and enjoy your free time.

Love xx

Last edited:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I guess I am too late for the Great Escape but my thoughts will be with you for the day.
(Gigi: Perhaps that would be a better film to watch!!).
Love

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
I find it so hard to understand how some people on TP have so much to cope with

I hope you have a lovely day out Helen - you deserve it. Hope Alan has a good day too.

Libs

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Helen

Just a "thinking of you" and a TP Hug from me

Love x

Attachments

• group hug3.gif
    group hug3.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 395

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
dear hellenjust catchingup on your post sorry to hear about your grandson hope he keeps well and they are able to treat him .i hope you have a good night tonight thinking of you both my love milly

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Alan slept really well last night and only woke once at 3.30am for the loo and then he used the commode. This meant that I got a much needed sleep and I do feel refreshed this morning and ready to face another day.

All we need now is a little sunshine:)

Love

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
So glad you got some much needed rest Helen. By the way I was thinking of you 4 last Saturday as I was in London's West End at the same time... at a friend's birthday celebration at Covent Garden. Lovely to hear you had such a good time x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daphne60