Helen and Alan

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Mary,

I have some video footage of some of the acts at covent garden from the Saturday - limbo dancers, singers and a unicyclist doing a Houdini routine:D I don't suppose you saw any of these cos you might have been 'framed':D

Dear Sylvia,

I have had the agency lady come to wash Alan but he was not very happy about it and she had a right job on. I thought "better you than me" and left her to it whilst I got a few jobs done.

Dear Jan,

It is peaceful Jan and I hope it stays that way. Alan said as clear as day this morning "I am dying" and we had just a few close moments together.

I am so pleased that he is home where he should be. I can't bear to think of him amongst all the hustle and bustle of the nursing home with nowhere to rest his poor body:eek:

Dear Milly,

I hope Harold is still improving and that you are ok:)

ove

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Morning Helen,

It's good to hear that you had a better night and things are relatively peaceful for you both.

Alan said as clear as day this morning "I am dying" and we had just a few close moments together.
Oh how sad, but how close you must have felt to each other.

Stay strong, my friend.

Thinking of you often.

Love xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hi Helen:
So sad for you but that moment of closeness will be a treasured moment for ever.

My heart goes out to you.
Love

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen good that you feel refreshed, and that you had those few moments connection, Alans insight has always amazed me, I am so pleased he is safely in your care and that you can share some peacfull loving time together, you and family are in my prayers, love pam

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Helen,
Alan never ceases to amaze. As heartbreaking as I imagine it was to hear, it must also have given you a little of your old Alan back.

My love to you both.

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Helen so sad and yet so special that he is aware. It proves that he is more than aware of your care and continous love for each other.
I think about you every day. x

Dibs

Jun 19, 2009
Hampshire
Dear Helen

I've just logged on and I just want to say I'm glad Alan is at home with you and my thoughts are with you both.
Take care Love Dibs xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
It is always so supportive to log into TP and see that you actually care about us - thank you:)

Alan has hardly been awake today. He is now tucked in bed and is fast asleep. He has hardly eaten anything and I can tell that is because there is something different about his mouth. He has sores on his bottom lip and I suspect he might have mouth ulcers. I will ring the District Nurse tomorrow because this needs looking at urgently. It has taken me all my time to get him to drink and have only managed to get 2 glasses of juice into him.

I can see that every day he gets weaker and he is now finding it very difficult to stand from a sitting position. This active man can hardly walk - it just seems unbelievable that it has all happened so quickly.

On the positive side, he has the quiet that he needs, he is comfortable, he is loved, he can die in peace:) Someone asked me today how I was preparing myself and it took me by surprise. I then knew that amidst all my sadness at losing my lovely husband I will celebrate that he had the best life that he could have with dementia:) I just know that I will carry this with me through the rest of my journey.

Love

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thinking of you both as always. I know that Alan is in the best of hands. Izzy x

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Helen, you have done the most amazing thing by bringing Alan home - I'm sure Alan knows that too xx

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Helen

Your last post brought tears to my eyes. At this stage, I don't think that anyone could even begin to look after Alan as well as you do. I wish you the strength and courage to continue.

You and Alan are always in my thoughts

Love and hugs to you both

Carina x x

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Helen
I cannot put into words what I feel I need to say- so will just send you a hug and the the wish you have the strength in the future days

Love Julie xx

I am so sorry for my difficulty in supporting you both at this difficult time

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I am so sorry for my difficulty in supporting you both at this difficult time

Dear Julie, You know that I see Talking Point as a Community Centre and it is just good that you are around. You have had such a difficult year yourself with huge emotions to contend with and I do sometimes wonder how you are managing.

Love

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daphne60