Has anyone ever seen an Angel?

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
Yes, I have seen angels, but only on three occasions when loved ones were very close to death.

It can be very disconcerting, especially as on one of the times I did not realise the lady was so close. However, not frightening at all.

Wildflower

Apr 6, 2013
Brighton
Dear angelface, What a great honour for you to see angels on three occasions, and I'm pleased to hear it was not frightening. I'm not sure how I would react if I ever saw one. x

Angel18

Sep 28, 2012
Angel

Hello Wildflower

I have been reading with interest your delightful post on Angels and also the replies you got.

I believe I have seen two Angels. The first Angel I saw was in 2005, my husband had been diagnosed with cancer and was undergoing chemotherapy, I had been to see him the previous night in hospital and he was feeling the side effects of the chemo and was very sick, this made feel very upset and worried. On the way to work the next day, I was on the train and I was feeling very sad and tearful, in order to stop myself from crying I closed my eyes and I put my hand into my jacket pocket where I had a set of rosary beads and I started to pray. No one on the train would have been aware of what I was doing as my beads were hidden in my pocket. When I had finished praying I opened my eyes and sitting across from me was a lady with a dark complexion in a brown robe and she had the a set of wooden rosary beads she was looking directly at me. I must admit it shook me up slightly but it also gave me a boost as I felt/hoped that someone was looking after me and my husband. I mentioned it to a close friend at work and she said it could have been an Angel.

The second time I think I may have seen an Angel was a couple of years ago. When saying my prayers I always include my husband and I ask he remains healthy and strong and that the cancer remains in remission It was in the early hours of the morning I was in the bedroom and I woke up, I noticed this very tall glowing figure by my husband's side of the bed, it is very hard to describe accurately what it looked like but I remember thinking at the time and saying out loud that my husband was so lucky to have this glowing figure by his side and I felt that my husband was being looked after and healed. It was a lovely and comforting experience.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
When our son Paul was 4 or 5 , our neighbours had their mother staying with them.

She woke in the night and went downstairs. She must have been confused by the lay out, for instead of opening the door to the kitchen, she opened the door to the cellar, fell down the steps and died.

The next morning Paul told us his story.

He woke in the night to go to the toilet. A lady was on the landing. She went into the bathroom and disappeared. Paul went to the toilet and wasn`t frightened.

Paul is nearly 50 now and still remembers this experience clearly.

Wildflower

Apr 6, 2013
Brighton
Dear Angel18, What amazing experiences for you, and such a comfort for you at times when it was needed x

Dear Sylvia, You must have been astounded when Paul told you his story, and it's impressive that he still clearly remembers the experience. I'm pleased he wasn't frightened x

MaddenedMick

Jun 4, 2013
Dear MaddenedMick, I don't know any of these nurses, but I would love to have the privilege of hearing about what they may have witnessed x
My friend is away at the moment but will be getting the name of a book soon. She says that children talk about it because they are not afraid of being thought of as nuts.

*DON'T TELL A PSYCHIATRIST ABOUT THIS SUBJECT OR YOU WILL END UP IN TROUBLE.

I hear from a gilt edged source that as death draws nearer, people sometimes see those who will be their "reception committee" on the other side. These folks can be described as angels (unless they actually knew them when they were alive). These meetings tend to be quite joyful.

A contact has emailed me this message:
"The guitar legend Wilko Johnson is nearing the end. It will
be interesting to see if he meets his friend and mentor Mick
Green, an even greater legend, before he goes. The trouble
is that we may not find out one way or the other".

I'll pass on any info I get. In the meanwhile, any book by Doreen Virtue might be worth reading.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Angel Kids by Jacky Newcomb is also very interesting. I do have another one which is good but the name escapes me - I will try to find it in the morning.

I agree with a quote she uses:

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio

Celia

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
My grandfather was dying the day I got married. We went down to see him after we got married as my gran had said that he had woken up. He shook my husbands hand and and he smiled when I gave him my bouquet, he shut his eyes again and he died the next day.

Three years later just a couple days after my son was born, I was putting him in his cot for the 1st time and someone was looking over my shoulder, I turned round and nobody was there, I did not feel scared but I felt a warmth round me.

Ten years later I had an operation and I signed myself out of the hospital after 5 days. When I got home I was scared at what I had done and as I got ready for bed I could smell his tobacco. I switched out the light and said 'Goodnight Granda' and I wasn't scared anymore and fell into a comfortable sleep.

About 5yrs later while back home for a holiday my father told me that my Gran had not long left to live and I should visit her in hospital. As I went to walk into the ward she was sitting in a chair and my Grandfather was standing behind her with his hand on her shoulder. I backed out of the doorway and stood against the wall, my husband was behind me and I nearly knocked him over. I told him what I saw and he held my hand and we walked in together. She died a couple of weeks later and I did not attend the funeral as I did not want to see the coffin, as far as I was concerned she was ok cause she was with my Granda.

I have never felt his presence since then.

Wildflower

Apr 6, 2013
Brighton
Dear MaddenedMick, That is fascinating - thank you. Would be interested in any other info you get x

Dear Celia, That is a very thought provoking quote, thank you Celia x

Dear NanLorac, It is beautiful that you gave your grandfather your wedding bouquet. Those must have been very profound experiences for you. It's lovely you knew your gran was OK. Thanks for sharing x

Angel18

Sep 28, 2012
Hello everyone

I agree with piedwarbler, this is a lovely thread and many thanks to Wildflower for starting it.

There is a programme on at the moment on Pick TV (freeview 11) called Angels introduced by Gloria Hunnerford (I'm not sure if I have spelled her name right), it is on at the moment in the morning Monday to Friday 8 to 9. It really is the most delightful uplifting programme to watch.

Kind regards

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
I have read various of Diana Cooper's books and get her newsletter. I thought the website link might be of interest to those who have posted on here;

http://www.dianacooper.com/angels/index.php

There is much of interest on her site and in her books and, on this page, there are various meditations and invocations. I find this one particularly ... not sure of the word, calming? centering?

Invocation

We now invoke the mighty Archangel Uriel to fill every cell of our bodies
with peace and wisdom.

We invoke the angels of peace to enfold people everywhere.

We invoke the angels of healing to bring all humans and animals
to wholeness.

We invoke the angels of love to touch our hearts with
compassion and love.

We invoke angels of light to bless our personal wishes and visions
and help them come true.

We invoke Lady Gaia to guide us how best to nourish,
look after and heal our beautiful planet.

http://www.dianacooper.com/inspiration/excercises-meditation.php

sarahs-angel-Rose-Moxon-angels-19060657-500-494.jpg

Celia
xx

PS - this is very odd - posted a pic on this post and it shows on my laptop but not on my tablet or phone or for some other people. Just particularly like this - if you can't see it here and want to see it - this is the link:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19000000/sarahs-angel-Rose-Moxon-angels-19060657-500-494.jpg

Last edited:

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
I do love this thread, but I think it must be getting to me a bit:)

Yesterday I saw a white van with 'Angel' written on it, which seemed to have something to do with clean water. Can't find it anywhere on the internet. Anyone seen it, or am I hallucinating?

One of my favorite places is Bright Angel Lodge at Grand Canyon. it might be a bit scruffy, but the name is marvelous!

Angel18

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Celia

I too get Diana Cooper's newsletter, I haven't read any of her books yet, but I have got quite a few books on Angels by various authors still waiting to be read.

Angelface, I know what you mean, I have in the past seen vans/trucks with the word Angel on them, I said to my hubby that's a sign, he just rolls his eyes up to heaven!! I love the name Bright Angel Lodge it instantly cheers you up. We went to the Grand Canyon a few years ago, I found it such a peaceful, calm and relaxing place it would probably be a good place to meditate.

scared daughter

Account Closed
May 3, 2010
When my son died I woke up to a very bright bursting bubble light effect in the room, with a feeling of wellness and that it was actually going to be ok. I have never known how to really describe it, it was so intense I sat up in bed and reached out and put my hand into the lights.

I spoke ot my gran about it and she told me when grandad had died she had seen simillar, she promised me if when she went she would visit me if she could.

I saw the same but fainter lights the night before I was told about Granny's death.

Angels? I don't know, amazing YES xxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Scared Daughter, hi, that is an amazing story for sure and I hope it continues to bring you comfort. I was not aware you had lost your son. I am so sorry for your loss. x

MaddenedMick

Jun 4, 2013
There is a programme on at the moment on Pick TV (freeview 11) called Angels introduced by Gloria Hunnerford (I'm not sure if I have spelled her name right), it is on at the moment in the morning Monday to Friday 8 to 9. It really is the most delightful uplifting programme to watch.

Kind regards

It is on tomorrow, Monday morning, 8.00am to 8.30am but not on Tues, Wed etc.

It might be weekly.

choccy

Jul 20, 2011
Derbyshire
New years eve 1996. My son was 3.
Stood at a bus stop waiting to go home my boy started looking in a bush for his grandad. Said he could 'smell' him and he was poorly and needed a plaster on his head.
My Dad, his Grandad, lived in Spain at this point.
The bus came and we went home. I phoned my Dad that eve to wish him happy new year... turns out he'd fallen off a bar stool earlier in the day, knocked himself out, discharged himself from hospital and had a bandage on his head! Freaky

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Talking Point mobile app