Had enough

Allotmemteer

May 24, 2024
I can't do this anymore I am buying a flat and getting out. I am off in Novemder December when it will go through. I have a serious health issue and I am 60 now and need to have a life before it is too late. I also want to give up LPA but if I do that what happens when person goes into a home. Are you allowed access back to get family photoes or shall I maintain the LPA to protect persons things? So vert hard and not acceptable to have to do this job work full time be ill oneself. I have been doing this 18 years.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
If you can`t do it any more then stop @Allotmemteer , but before you do, have a word with Social Services and perhaps contact the support line just to see where you stand.

It might also help you to contact the Admiral Nurses. They are there for carers and will give sound advice.

Dementia UK​

Telephone
0800 888 6678 (helpline, 9am–9pm Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm Saturday and Sunday)

Email
helpline@dementiauk.org

If you have been doing this for 18 years, don`t do anything without making sure you know where you stand.

takingstock

Jan 13, 2024
Lancashire
I totally understand how you feel, and I think you are very brave and courageous, you do need to live your life, 18 years is a long time